The Impeachment Thread

Regardless of the outcome we have a huge problem imo with career department employees thinking they make policy decisions...like they say elections have consequences...I'm not so sure we wouldnt be better off returning to the Spoils System..it's like those people who complain about losing a job they have had for 10 years because the company decided to move it to another state or country

Reactions: FallCreekVols
At the end of World War II,the Russians eyed Europe with greed. They wanted all of it, annexed or under their control.

So we came up with the Marshall plan. Alliances, bulwarks against the Russians and then the Soviet Union.

For 60 years it worked. It took huge commitments in money and sometimes lives. Can you imagine if the Russians had controlled Europe?? We and a few erratic Arab countries would have been all that was left.

And here comes Trump. At every turn he is handing over to the Russians influence and control. He knee capped the Ukraine for awhile, too.

And the Russians love it. They will do everything they can to help him maintain power. That is more than enough reason to vote for a potted plant if need be to get him OUT.

Now do the others where I talked about him changing his testimony .
No thanks.

I think I’ve made my point that a prior self-serving statement does not somehow fully discredit subsequent statements against interest, particularly when the statement against interest is corroborated by other witnesses (Taylor, Vindman, Sen. Ron Johnson, and Mick Mulvaney).

To me, it’s apparent why that was an appropriate point to make in response to your post.

I probably could have been less snarky about it at the beginning, but otherwise, I think I’m good.

I just read this in The Daily Beast, so take that for what it's worth, but they are reporting that Trump is in talks with producer Mark Burnett (Survivor, The Apprentice) for a reality show called "The Apprentice: White House" for NBC in the fall of 2021 television season, if Trump is re-elected. This would be funny, if it wasn't 100% believable.

At the end of World War II,the Russians eyed Europe with greed. They wanted all of it, annexed or under their control.

So we came up with the Marshall plan. Alliances, bulwarks against the Russians and then the Soviet Union.

For 60 years it worked. It took huge commitments in money and sometimes lives. Can you imagine if the Russians had controlled Europe?? We and a few erratic Arab countries would have been all that was left.

And here comes Trump. At every turn he is handing over to the Russians influence and control. He knee capped the Ukraine for awhile, too.

And the Russians love it. They will do everything they can to help him maintain power. That is more than enough reason to vote for a potted plant if need be to get him OUT.

Yeah, right. Do you have any idea what Obama did to the US when he let Russia take over Crimea without so much as a threat of retaliation? Russia spanked his ass and we sat back and watched as our president cowered down in fear.

Regardless of the outcome we have a huge problem imo with career department employees thinking they make policy decisions...like they say elections have consequences...I'm not so sure we wouldnt be better off returning to the Spoils System..it's like those people who complain about losing a job they have had for 10 years because the company decided to move it to another state or country

No. No its not.

Testimony bombshell: Obama administration tried to partner with Hunter Biden’s Ukrainian gas firm but was blocked over corruption concerns | John Solomon Reports
A State Department official who served in the U.S. embassy in Kiev told Congress that the Obama administration tried in 2016 to partner with the Ukrainian gas firm that employed Hunter Biden but the project was blocked over corruption concerns.
George Kent, the former charge d’affair at the Kiev embassy, said in testimony released Thursday that the State Department’s main foreign aid agency, known as USAID, planned to co-sponsor a clean energy project with Burisma Holdings, the Ukrainian gas firm that employed Hunter Biden as a board member.
At the time of the proposed project, Burisma was under investigation in Ukraine for alleged corruption. Those cases were settled in late 2016 and early 2017. Burisma contested allegations of corruption but paid a penalty for tax issues.
Kent testified he personally intervened in mid-2016 to stop USAID’s joint project with Burisma because American officials believed the corruption allegations against the gas firm raised concern.
Archer’s text to the lawyer suggested he was working on a strategy to counter the “new wave of scrutiny” about Burisma caused by the Times’ story. He stated that he had just met at the State to discuss a new “USAID project the embassy is announcing with us” and that it was “perfect for us to move forward now with momentum.”
Kent’s stoppage of the USAID project adds to a growing body of evidence that Burisma and its corruption issues were causing heartburn inside the State Department during the end of Joe Biden’s tenure as Vice President.
Another State official has reportedly testified he tried to warn Biden’s office that the Burisma matter posed a conflict of interest but was turned away by the vice president’s aides.

"Mr. Mulvaney has the opportunity to uphold his oath to the nation and Constitution by testifying tomorrow under oath about matters of keen national importance," the official told CNN. "We hope Mr. Mulvaney does not hide behind the President's ongoing efforts to conceal the truth and obstruct our investigation."

House Intelligence Committee subpoenas Mick Mulvaney for impeachment inquiry testimony - CNNPolitics

Bla bla. If they have to ask everybody under the sun questions then they don't know anything.

"Mr. Mulvaney has the opportunity to uphold his oath to the nation and Constitution by testifying tomorrow under oath about matters of keen national importance," the official told CNN. "We hope Mr. Mulvaney does not hide behind the President's ongoing efforts to conceal the truth and obstruct our investigation."

House Intelligence Committee subpoenas Mick Mulvaney for impeachment inquiry testimony - CNNPolitics

Looks like he might wanna do it...
Now that the Quid Pro Quo (extortion) reportedly had the additional condition of saying they were investigating Clinton, all bets are off.

Uhhmm.. So a proposed project was axed due a conflict of interest? Is there a scandal in there somewheres?
It's been a scandal. Just more fire.
Kent’s stoppage of the USAID project adds to a growing body of evidence that Burisma and its corruption issues were causing heartburn inside the State Department during the end of Joe Biden’s tenure as Vice President.
Another State official has reportedly testified he tried to warn Biden’s office that the Burisma matter posed a conflict of interest but was turned away by the vice president’s aides.

Reactions: VolnJC
It's been a scandal. Just more fire.

Turned away? as in "ok, whatever", or "you better back off"... What?

Vol fans have become conditioned to failure and disappointment. It’s what you are going to get if you think Trump will be impeached.

Ah, I.see... had to wait on the punchline.

Assuming you are also a Vols fan, I know you are well prepared to handle "Big Orange" getting ejected for targeting.

VN Store

Back