The (many) indictments of Donald Trump

Trump got a Bigger Win than expected​

In several key respects, Trump got what he wanted from the 6-3 court – and more.

For starters, the Supreme Court ruled that for “core” presidential activity, Trump has the absolute immunity he had sought. The majority said that Trump’s conversations with the Justice Department – his efforts to try to get officials on board with his effort to overturn the election – were covered with absolute immunity.

That's not right. The actual fake invoices, etc did not happen until Feb 2017....

Will agree that it wasn't a core function.
The documents case is slightly more interesting. The government now can’t use evidence that Trump ordered the documents taken out of the White House. Probably not as big of a deal as Thomas’s amicus brief in support of the illegitimacy of the Jack Smith’s appointment.

I assume that the prohibition against official acts evidence only applies to the government so Trump can still hire vulgar and his team of YouTube lawyers to put on evidence that Trump ordering the documents taken out of the White House actually magically declassified them.

That's not right. The actual fake invoices, etc did not happen until Feb 2017....

Will agree that it wasn't a core function.
I thought they used evidence involving official acts while he was POTUS in this case and todays SC ruling said that they could not be used. It gies them an argument for sure in the appeal.

The documents case is slightly more interesting. The government now can’t use evidence that Trump ordered the documents taken out of the White House. Probably not as big of a deal as Thomas’s amicus brief in support of the illegitimacy of the Jack Smith’s appointment.

I assume that the prohibition against official acts evidence only applies to the government so Trump can still hire vulgar and his team of YouTube lawyers to put on evidence that Trump ordering the documents taken out of the White House actually magically declassified them.
Do you have any opinions on the question of Jack Smith’s legitimacy?

I thought they used evidence involving official acts while he was POTUS in this case and todays SC ruling said that they could not be used. It gies them an argument for sure in the appeal.

I'd speculate they would say he was acting on behalf of Trump Organization and not in a POTUS capacity when he had Cohen in the White House to discuss reimbursement...

But yes, might as well throw it into an appeal

Reactions: Gandalf
No, I don’t really know much about that stuff. I thought it was kind of a joke argument until I saw his concurrence. I think he’s too partisan for me to simply take his word for it, but he’s not a dumb or unserious person.
I don’t know anything about it. But it seems like something that should be pretty straightforward - who can be assigned. 🤷‍♀️

I don’t know anything about it. But it seems like something that should be pretty straightforward - who can be assigned. 🤷‍♀️
He says it’s a process problem. Senate didn’t confirm him and congress didn’t give DOJ the authority to appoint him. So his appointment isn’t valid.

Guess it might be a situation where DOJ relied on chevron deference and acted competently and in good faith at the time. Who knows.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
This is further proof the judge, the jury, the DA, the charges, the indictment are all corrupt and fake and the whole illegal, immoral case against Trump should be tossed out....

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
See new posts
Conversation
🇺🇸 Mike Davis 🇺🇸
@mrddmia
🚨

Bragg's case against Trump now crumbling:

Manhattan Prosecutors Agree to Delay Trump’s Sentencing

"Although the Manhattan case does not center on Mr. Trump’s presidency or official acts — but rather personal activity during his campaign — his lawyers argued on Monday that prosecutors had built their case partly on evidence from his time in the White House. And under the Supreme Court’s new ruling, prosecutors not only cannot charge a president for any official acts, but also cannot cite evidence involving official acts to bolster other accusations."
Manhattan Prosecutors Agree to Delay Trump’s Sentencing

Reactions: davethevol
1000% -- the grounds laid out in the letter are four-square as set forth in yesterday's decision.

All of the commentary by Trump once he was in office needed to be parsed as First Amendment material within the scope of his official duties, and all the testimony about meetings following his taking office are subject to the presumptive immunity doctrine laid down the court and required pretrial resolution prior to the evidence being allowed in.

I do not believe there is any basis for an argument of "harmless error" under these circumstances.

More to follow as time permits today.

1000% -- the grounds laid out in the letter are four-square as set forth in yesterday's decision.

All of the commentary by Trump once he was in office needed to be parsed as First Amendment material within the scope of his official duties, and all the testimony about meetings following his taking office are subject to the presumptive immunity doctrine laid down the court and required pretrial resolution prior to the evidence being allowed in.

I do not believe there is any basis for an argument of "harmless error" under these circumstances.

More to follow as time permits today.

It's this kind of stuff that shouldn't be considered "official duties" and the judge should rule against them on the motion. Now with that being said I think there is ample reason for his conviction to be tossed on other grounds.

Reactions: LibertyVol

VN Store

Back