The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Games like this really highlight that JP’s size really limits him against bigger guys around the basket and guards who get physical on the perimeter. He may get drafted off pure potential and scoring ability, but he could really benefit from a second year in a college weight program.

Yeah, I try to resist game threads but once or twice a year I cant seem to resist getting in their and mixing it up with somebody. Its not productive but perhaps it gets some of the post loss frustration out

Reactions: berryvol
And he's absolutely not the ans-wer, there. I said it pre-season and I'll say it again for emphasis; our absence of another ball-handler is going to lower our ceiling, this year. ZZ is a great complimentary piece at PG, but he isn't Kennedy Chandler or Yuri Collins. And the old adage is still true...you can never have enough ball handlers.
I disagree. It's time for ZZZ to run the show, at 30+ minutes a game. Maybe, he should be a complimentary piece, but we don't have the luxury. He has to be the guy, imo

Games like this really highlight that JP’s size really limits him against bigger guys around the basket and guards who get physical on the perimeter. He may get drafted off pure potential and scoring ability, but he could really benefit from a second year in a college weight program.
NBA teams draft on potential (or perceived potential, at least) more than current production. If they think he has the ability to develop into a good NBA player, they will want him in the league ASAP. If he gets a first round grade, he should and likely will go.

NBA teams draft on potential (or perceived potential, at least) more than current production. If they think he has the ability to develop into a good NBA player, they will want him in the league ASAP. If he gets a first round grade, he should and likely will go.
My counter point would be how much potential has he really shown? I mean there have been very few flashes offensively against real opponents, mainly in the USC game. He's not gonna be a plus shooter any time soon, and I dont think a scout could look to his film thus far this year and conclude he is going to be a guy that an NBA team can trust with the ball in his hands to go in score. Hes athletic but there are alot of athletes. I mean I think Keon Johnson is alot more athletic than him and showed more promise despite not having a real offseason and he went late first and hasn't done much in the league

I agree with all of this.

Everybody is just pissed at the loss. I'm pissed that it's 1:11 in the morning and I'm way too worked up to sleep. lol.

I expected us to likely lose the game. I did not expect us to lose because the officials decided before the game began that Arizona should be the winner. Blood is boiling and I’m too fired up to sleep so instead I’m just slinging hot takes wherever I can to make myself feel better.

I still agree with him though. I think he played well but he also needs to shut up sometimes. I like him but he trash talks like he's a first team SEC player.
I agree with the statements, but I don’t think it needed to be said, publicly, after a tough loss in which he played fairly well otherwise and some of his teammates… did not. I don’t know Uros’ temperament, maybe he’ll respond well to this kind of thing. I don’t think the public criticism would be my approach as it is often Barnes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong. I’ll be curious to see if Uros can keep the good play up, he’s honestly been solid this year when he’s not being a goon

The T was obviously dumb but idk, Uros was easily one of our better players tonight. Seems like a weird night to call him on it

Probably because Uros continued with his yapping later in the game. The refs just chose to not T him up (maybe because Barnes had “worked the refs” after the technical).

Reactions: berryvol
Probably because Uros continued with his yapping later in the game. The refs just chose to not T him up (maybe because Barnes had “worked the refs” after the technical).
Can’t be true cause Barnes always just lays down and doesn’t say a word to the refs

No but seriously, I get and even agree with the criticism. I wouldn’t have made it publicly in this scenario though

Couldn’t be. I’ve been hearing nonstop that Barnes doesn’t complain to refs. We need Bruce Pearl back so our coach whines to refs more.

Can’t be true cause Barnes always just lays down and doesn’t say a word to the refs

No but seriously, I get and even agree with the criticism. I wouldn’t have made it publicly in this scenario though

I’m “guessing” that Barnes has told Uros many times to cut it out privately but it didn’t change the behavior. Calling him out publicly might do the trick.

I still agree with him though. I think he played well but he also needs to shut up sometimes. I like him but he trash talks like he's a first team SEC player.

Maybe he gets by with it at home, but not on the road? I mean, I think it fires up the team and the crowd. We just don't need that on the road.

The T was obviously dumb but idk, Uros was easily one of our better players tonight. Seems like a weird night to call him on it
He wasn't being called out on his play. Barnes is just honestly saying he is tired of the stupidity. He needs to focus his energy on playing basketball and he can contribute like he did last night. It hasn't been there all year.

Uros was the only guy on our roster who could match up with their big center. It hurt our chances when Uros made dumb decisions that limited his playing time. Seems like a very appropriate time to call him out JMO.

Maybe he gets by with it at home, but not on the road? I mean, I think it fires up the team and the crowd. We just don't need that on the road.
He fire up the team and crowd much more by playing better in the paint. It’s a game and I’m all for having fun with it, but know the lines and stay away from them

I disagree. It's time for ZZZ to run the show, at 30+ minutes a game. Maybe, he should be a complimentary piece, but we don't have the luxury. He has to be the guy, imo

You say you disagree, but then write a paragraph about how you seemingly agree. You're right, we don't have the luxury of playing him in his appropriate role. We have to play him as our primary (only) lead guard because the rest aren't cutting it and we don't have a Kennedy Chandler, a Yuri Collins, or a Jordan Bone. ZZ has to be the guy, absolutely, but I think that likely caps our season because he can't play 40 minutes and we are in trouble without him on the floor at the PG position against athletic teams that will make us play 94'.

Reactions: The Dog
I agree with the statements, but I don’t think it needed to be said, publicly, after a tough loss in which he played fairly well otherwise and some of his teammates… did not. I don’t know Uros’ temperament, maybe he’ll respond well to this kind of thing. I don’t think the public criticism would be my approach as it is often Barnes, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s wrong. I’ll be curious to see if Uros can keep the good play up, he’s honestly been solid this year when he’s not being a goon

I think Barnes likely knows his temperament and how he'll respond. Same as he did when he called out ZZ.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92

VN Store

Back