The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

So do we see this team as a final four or elite eight team this year? I don’t know if we have the shooters this year… thoughts?
Much like last year we are much stronger defensively than offensively, any given night a hot shooting team or us (Vescovi) going cold and we can lose. We are better defensively to this point than we were at our best last year, but that doesn’t guarantee anything. We are Top 8 in pretty much every poll, analytic ranking and also projection so that would suggest we’ve got a good chance at being a Top 8 team, but again, rarely does that mean a whole lot come the tournament.

I think it's really unfair to expect anything more than the round of 32. You never know who you're gonna pull in the tourney

It would be nice to have a year where it doesn't matter who we draw. If we are playing well at the end, maybe this is the year.

That exact quote, “I don‘t trust officials,” is interesting. Barnes is hyper-careful to not criticize officials, so the wording is interesting, as it could be quite inflammatory. Honestly, I doubt he said it that way, but I could be wrong. Hyams is not the best in his profession. I also know this is picky, but can we not spell our point guard’s name correctly?

That exact quote, “I don‘t trust officials,” is interesting. Barnes is hyper-careful to not criticize officials, so the wording is interesting, as it could be quite inflammatory. Honestly, I doubt he said it that way, but I could be wrong. Hyams is not the best in his profession. I also know this is picky, but can we not spell our point guard’s name correctly?

Yeah, not sure if this is the exact quote or a Jimmy paraphrase. Definitely seems out of character for Barnes; however, since he is criticizing officials as a whole, and not targeting specific ones, I doubt there are any repercussions on the court. I mean he ain't wrong.

Sometimes, the truth hurts (and this time, for the officials).

#2 in the country per our NET ranking and it still feels like this team hasn't even came close to peaking. I don't think we've found our best lineup yet, nor have we fully figured out our identity on offense.

VN Store

Back