The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

#2 in the country per our NET ranking and it still feels like this team hasn't even came close to peaking. I don't think we've found our best lineup yet, nor have we fully figured out our identity on offense.
will be scary once we hit it and the offense becomes consistent

If you could add any Rick Barnes' recruited player, at UT, to this current team, Who would it be ?

Kennedy Chandler, imo. The other ball handler, we need, that can get his own shot or somebody else one. Another decent 3 threat , also. I can see the case for Grant, too. I just think KC would be a better fit for this team. Anybody ever watch or read Marvel's "What if " ? I wish I could watch the whole year happen with KC on this exact same team. Yes, I'm baked. But it would be awesome

If you could add any Rick Barnes' recruited player, at UT, to this current team, Who would it be ?

Kennedy Chandler, imo. The other ball handler, we need, that can get his own shot or somebody else one. Another decent 3 threat , also. I can see the case for Grant, too. I just think KC would be a better fit for this team. Anybody ever watch or read Marvel's "What if " ? I wish I could watch the whole year happen with KC on this exact same team. Yes, I'm baked. But it would be awesome
It may be the simplistic answer but I’m still going Grant. Several good bigs but no great one. He would be a go to scorer, fierce rebounder, good defender, and playmaker. And he’s just simply the best Barnes player

I can see the case for Chandler, but I think the answer without question would be Grant. 32mpg 19ppg 8rpg and could play 5 or 4 for us, we would be ridiculous offensively with him added in.

Reactions: Yeiser10
Seth Davis has the Vols at #2, considered ranking them 1st.

Men's college basketball rankings: Kansas a deserving No. 1, but then what?

D050AD7A-3D97-40FA-9D06-64011C29A600.jpeg
Not only did my No. 1 team, Purdue, lose at home to Rutgers (and darn near lost at Ohio State three nights later), but my heir apparent, Arizona, fell at home to Washington State, and my No. 3 team, UConn, lost its second straight at Providence. This forced me to decide whom to select as my new No. 1, and how far to drop those teams.

The first part was easy. My next team up is Kansas. The Jayhawks certainly looked the part while dismantling West Virginia, 76-62, in Morgantown on Saturday, although they were fortunate to win at Texas Tech by three points last Tuesday. Heck, they were lucky to squeak by Oklahoma State at home on New Year’s Eve. Such is the danger of certitude this season. I thought about vaulting Tennessee to the top spot considering the Volunteers beat Kansas at the Battle 4 Atlantis, but I’ve been ranking Tennessee behind KU because that was Kansas’ only loss while the Vols also lost to Colorado in Nashville. (They lost at Arizona, too, but that’s no biggie.)

FmCZSQTWQAUnABT

Goodman is such a clown.

I’m not a fan of Goodman, but at least in this instance his opinion doesn’t seem to differ from hardly any of the surface level, non-metric based rankings. Garry Parrish kept us at 8 on his Daily Rankings update after the week we had and he kept UCONN ahead of us. He leapfrogged Kansas State over us. The AP Poll doesn’t seem to love us either.

For whatever reason, we’re getting under appreciated in the polls. Good thing it’s still early and we have plenty of time to change that. Go 2-0 this week against Vandy and Kentucky and I expect we’ll be in the Top 5 by next Monday.

Another ranking with Tennessee over Alabama. I always said Andy Katz was a smart guy.

Actually, I think we should be Top 5 in everything. Katz was slobbering all over Tennessee when Grant Williams was a Vol because Grant gave him interviews whenever Katz asked. The last few years he’s definitely underestimated, and in some cases, dissed on the Vols. I hope Katz forgets his cup at his next pickleball game.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
I’m okay with this. We’re better than Alabama, but we’ll prove that on the court. It’s just nice to see the voters at least recognize that a team that is #2 in every metric should be ranked in the Top 5.

Yeah, I'm definitely on board with flying under the radar a bit. The downsides of an extended period at the top are pretty evident after the BaseVols last season.

VN Store

Back