The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Hmmmmm. 🤔

Tennessee: The Vols beat Kansas in Atlantis, but lost at Arizona last weekend in Tucson. No shame in that at all. Bruce Pearl has a very balanced squad this year with five players averaging between 10 and 12 points per game. They are going to be in a fight for the SEC title with the likes of Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky and Auburn.

That Arizona foul stuff was garbage in that piece. The big issue was the horrible charge calls, they weren't called because of our defense. Nor the moving screens Arizona was doing all game and not getting called for, that we did get called for. Had it been called the same for both teams, I could live with a ton of whistles. It wasn't. Not even close.

Yeah, I'd pump the brakes there, considering their schedule has been a joke and they've lost to 2 of the few good teams they've played.
He was referring to Andy Katz eval of our team…and talking about Bruce Pearl as if he is the coach at UT currently. It was a brain fart on his part but damn proofreading goes a long way

He was referring to Andy Katz eval of our team…and talking about Bruce Pearl as if he is the coach at UT currently. It was a brain fart on his part but damn proofreading goes a long way

Lol wow, I didn't even catch that. I thought Katz was just lumping SEC teams together but then I saw he listed Auburn.

I take back my comment.

So do we see this team as a final four or elite eight team this year? I don’t know if we have the shooters this year… thoughts?

So do we see this team as a final four or elite eight team this year? I don’t know if we have the shooters this year… thoughts?

Too early to tell. Roughly this time last year people had written the team off after a 2-2 start in conference play. We then went on a 6 week tear to close the regular season. The outlook for this team could look vastly different (both positive or negative) 4 weeks from now.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back