The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Chandler was a lock to go to the NBA after one year
Even though he slipped to the second round he got paid like a late first round pick, and didn’t get stuck on a two-way contract. He made the right decision. Nobody under 6 feet tall is ever going to be a lottery pick.

Im just saying its not just A. This is the second concerning performance for this team.
Last season, Kansas lost to DAYTON early in the season. In February, they were blown out by Kentucky on their home floor. 2 bad losses or even 3 bad losses, are not the end of the season. As BTO said above, bounce back and start a new streak. Everyone is going to take a bad loss or two - if they don’t, they probably won’t fare well when they hit adversity in March.

Reactions: Volprofch05
The difference in athleticism alone is stupid. I know Bama is our biggest rival and this wont go over well at all, but Bama is honestly the best team in the country.

I'm not sure how you arrive at Bama being our biggest rival in basketball, but I agree with the athleticism comment and the idea of then being among the best teams in the nation. I said it several days ago and I'll say it again; I think the two best teams in the country already played each other when Bama and Houston squared off.

This isn't a bad loss, though. It's only viewed that way because of the recent narrative of Kentucky. They have all the talent in the world. We should have beat them, no doubt, but this isn't a loss to Ole Miss or South Carolina.

Eh...I guess it depends on "bad". It may not end up a bad loss as far as how it's viewed for seeding purposes, but it's a bad loss to me given all the factors. We simiply crapped the bed and we shouldn't have. And yeah yeah, not the end of the season, it's not football, yada yada yada, it's Kentucky. It's always bad to lose to Kentucky, especially when we're the better team and it's at home.

This is one of the games I'm not really in the mood to hear the usual talk about regular season losses. Am I being emotional, sure, but some games are simply more important than others and imo this was one of them.

Eh...I guess it depends on "bad". It may not end up a bad loss as far as how it's viewed for seeding purposes, but it's a bad loss to me given all the factors. We simiply crapped the bed and we shouldn't have. And yeah yeah, not the end of the season, it's not football, yada yada yada, it's Kentucky. It's always bad to lose to Kentucky, especially when we're the better team and it's at home.

This is one of the games I'm not really in the mood to hear the usual talk about regular season losses. Am I being emotional, sure, but some games are simply more important than others and imo this was one of them.
Well sure, but by that definition, no loss to UK is "good", which makes all losses to UK bad. No one is happy about it, and this is the game I want us to win every year even if we go 1-30 for the year. It sucks that we lost, no doubt.

This isn't a bad loss, though. It's only viewed that way because of the recent narrative of Kentucky. They have all the talent in the world. We should have beat them, no doubt, but this isn't a loss to Ole Miss or South Carolina.

Kentucky was 0-5 against Q1 teams. Would say by metrics at this point in the season it was a bad loss (may not end up being one) but at the moment it is.

Reactions: Voltopia
Kentucky was 0-5 against Q1 teams. Would say by metrics at this point in the season it was a bad loss (may not end up being one) but at the moment it is.

They are 32 at KenPom and tonight sitting at 65 in the NET. My guess is they move up to top 55. So, even by those metrics, it’s not a bad loss.

It's currently a Q2 loss, not a killer. And I'm talking perceptively about it not being a bad loss. UK has plenty of talent, arguably more raw talent than Tennessee has. Sure, they have underachieved, but losing to them is not some damning loss.

I was told that the regular season doesn’t matter. Regular Season Rick and what not. Now suddenly it does. I guess for some in the Legions, regular season wins don’t matter. Regular season losses mean it’s past time to fahr Little Ricky.

I was also told that Barnes wasn’t supposed to play Plav so much. Because you know, he sucks.

I was told that the regular season doesn’t matter. Regular Season Rick and what not. Now suddenly it does. I guess for some in the Legions, regular season wins don’t matter. Regular season losses mean it’s past time to fahr Little Ricky.

I was also told that Barnes wasn’t supposed to play Plav so much. Because you know, he sucks.
Ironic how the narrative constantly moves!

I'm annoyed about who we lost to but the more I look at the stats the more I realize it's one of those fluke losses to an inferior team. We held them to 35% from the field, and they shot 88% from the line when they average 66% on the season. What coach is probably most mad about, aside from missing the open 3s and layups (we still outshoot them and had more shots?!) is trailing on rebounds by 20. We are on the right track and we know concrete things we can improve. I just hate to see Kentucky fans happy about anything.

Reactions: berryvol
Bottom line...the team has to show up against KY and they did not do that other than Plav - that is on the coaches and the players. KY was cornered and treated this like a championship game where their lives depended on it - we did not.

Bottom line...the team has to show up against KY and they did not do that other than Plav - that is on the coaches and the players. KY was cornered and treated this like a championship game where their lives depended on it - we did not.
I would say that everyone played hard with the exception of Nkamhoua. Sometimes there’s a narrative that the team didn’t show up or the team didn’t give effort or the team played soft. I think that, to a man, everyone played hard with one exception. We just didn’t play well. We didn’t hit shots. Of course, the rebounding was the ultimate killer.

I'm annoyed about who we lost to but the more I look at the stats the more I realize it's one of those fluke losses to an inferior team. We held them to 35% from the field, and they shot 88% from the line when they average 66% on the season. What coach is probably most mad about, aside from missing the open 3s and layups (we still outshoot them and had more shots?!) is trailing on rebounds by 20. We are on the right track and we know concrete things we can improve. I just hate to see Kentucky fans happy about anything.

Point is that you can get out rebounded but you better not let the opposition completely own the glass.

Maybe you should start thinking for yourself and stop letting other posters make your life miserable

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Point is that you can get out rebounded but you better not let the opposition completely own the glass.
To your point, within a span of 10 days, how does Tennessee out rebound South Carolina BY 27, South Carolina out-rebound Kentucky by 4, then Kentucky turn around and out rebound Tennessee BY 20? College basketball is truly maddening.

To your point, within a span of 10 days, how does Tennessee out rebound South Carolina BY 27, South Carolina out-rebound Kentucky by 4, then Kentucky turn around and out rebound Tennessee BY 20? College basketball is truly maddening.
South Carolina had nothing to rebound vs us.

Kentucky played way bigger than they typically do without Wheeler playing and Wallace limited, they did a great job slowing it down and pounding the glass. Our strength would’ve been spreading them out and Zeigler breaking things down off the dribble and then quick passing and we started doing that 3/4 times in a row and then Zeigler got hit with his 4th foul on a bad call.

VN Store

Back