The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Well, this loss is equally as bad as the Colorado loss. So, it’s hard to get over it.

But Colorado showed that it’s just one game. I didn’t watch… I followed the score. Regardless of record, UT-UK is always tough. Rick beat UK with his first two teams that were not good.

I’m just a guy who doesn’t get bent out of shape over a regular season basketball loss.

Reactions: cncchris33
I consider it worse. Colorado you can write up to a total fluke and we really have no kind of connection to Colorado. UK....yeah means a bit more.

I’m just being emotional, but I tend to do that after stomach-turning losses. Our season is going to be fine. We’ll get a Top 4 seed in the SEC tournament. But, today made it a lot harder to win the regular season now. On the same day Alabama is up 59-22 at halftime….

They’re extremely turnover prone. We’re also a very good team at home, regardless of today’s outlier outcome.
The difference in athleticism alone is stupid. I know Bama is our biggest rival and this wont go over well at all, but Bama is honestly the best team in the country.

But Colorado showed that it’s just one game. I didn’t watch… I followed the score. Regardless of record, UT-UK is always tough. Rick beat UK with his first two teams that were not good.

I’m just a guy who doesn’t get bent out of shape over a regular season basketball loss.
Yup. Remember when we walked into rupp with a MUCH worse team than UK has this year and beat the SEC champions that were a favorite to make a tourney run that year (yay covid)? Sometimes good teams lay eggs, even on their home floor. It just sucks bc of all the fanfare around today and how bad UK has been so far. We just need to use this as motivation to finish conference play well, like we did the Colorado loss. We will be fine.

Reactions: VolGee4
The difference in athleticism alone is stupid. I know Bama is our biggest rival and this wont go over well at all, but Bama is honestly the best team in the country.

I agree. That much is clear after today. I’m not sure there is any single thing they do poorly. They have a Top 5 pick in the draft who can take over games. They are elite on defense. They’re long and athletic. They’re what I want our team to be, but we don’t have the dynamic scoring they do.

I think it’s them and Kansas. I never cheer for bama, but idc much about them in hoops, UK, UF, vandy, hell even auburn I hate much more this time of year.

I get bent out of shape over laziness. Sit Nkamhoua down and go with Awaka the rest of the way. In addition, why are people saying “if we had Chandler” etc, etc? We don’t have Chandler.

I just meant if we had better PG depth today would have been different. ZZ has a bad game and is in foul trouble and our team couldn’t do anything because of it.

Reactions: berryvol
I get bent out of shape over laziness. Sit Nkamhoua down and go with Awaka the rest of the way. In addition, why are people saying “if we had Chandler” etc, etc? We don’t have Chandler.
Lol yeah, if you’re gonna talk about chandler why not say we would be better if we still had springer and Keon Johnson. Might as well take it all the way.

I agree. That much is clear after today. I’m not sure there is any single thing they do poorly. They have a Top 5 pick in the draft who can take over games. They are elite on defense. They’re long and athletic. They’re what I want our team to be, but we don’t have the dynamic scoring they do.
Yeah, if im being honest before today I thought Barnes might shut me up about his March failures this year, but today showed me just how un athletic we are. I had disagreed with Lunardi a lot and wondered why he was being so stubborn on moving us up to a 1 but i get it now, we arent bad, but we arent title winners.

Lol yeah, if you’re gonna talk about chandler why not say we would be better if we still had springer and Keon Johnson. Might as well take it all the way.
I’d take it even a step further and say if we just had Grunfeld and King, we might have won today.

I brought up a point that I shouldn’t have. So that’s on me. I kind of started it.
No worries at all, it’s a message board. I do get that you’re just driving home the fact that having no primary ball handler besides ZZ could be, and probably will be, this team’s downfall. Even thought he wasn’t very good today, it just burns that much more that we whiffed on Cason Wallace.

No worries at all, it’s a message board. I do get that you’re just driving home the fact that having no primary ball handler besides ZZ could be, and probably will be, this team’s downfall. Even thought he wasn’t very good today, it just burns that much more that we whiffed on Cason Wallace.

Nah, I shouldn’t have brought it up. I started a ****storm. I just was frustrated earlier this week by people on VQ claiming we’re a better team this year with ZZ as the primary ball handler, which just simply isn’t true.

Reactions: berryvol
Nah, I shouldn’t have brought it up. I started a ****storm. I just was frustrated earlier this week by people on VQ claiming we’re a better team this year with ZZ as the primary ball handler, which just simply isn’t true.

I'm more pissed that mine and others' gut feelings were correct that this game was a perfect storm of crap, and that people were laughing here at those saying this game might be dangerous. If I've learned anything as a UT basketball fan, it's never overlook or underestimate UK.

#15 Arkansas loses to unranked team, #16 Miami loses to unranked team, #18 Wisconsin loses to unranked team, #19 Providence loses to unranked team, #11 Kansas State loses to #17, #20 Missouri loses to unranked team, #24 loses to unranked team and #9Arizona is down 12 to unranked team….it happens, how you respond is what matters. We likely weren’t going 29-2, learn from it and move on.

#15 Arkansas loses to unranked team, #16 Miami loses to unranked team, #18 Wisconsin loses to unranked team, #19 Providence loses to unranked team, #11 Kansas State loses to #17, #20 Missouri loses to unranked team, #24 loses to unranked team and #9Arizona is down 12 to unranked team….it happens, how you respond is what matters. We likely weren’t going 29-2, learn from it and move on.
How many of those losses were at home vs on the road? Honest question.

VN Store

Back