The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Shows you quickly you have to move on and from a fan's perspective how quickly you forget individual games. I had totally forgotten we lost that badly at Rupp last year.

This time next year someone will mention we lost to Colorado in Nashville in 2022 and I'll be like "We did?"

I'll see you all for the next game. I'm low on weed and I'll probably get banned, today. So, I'm taking a sabbatical

I just went on a long walk with my pup to clear my head after that stomach turning loss. It didn’t help. I just need to disconnect for the day. I’m now questioning everything, which is never good.

Feels like I might be over valuing this team a bit. We haven’t played too many quality opponents since Kansas, and we lost both games against the best two teams on paper. This next stretch of road games will be huge for this team. We need to respond.

I just went on a long walk with my pup to clear my head after that stomach turning loss. It didn’t help. I just need to disconnect for the day. I’m now questioning everything, which is never good.

Feels like I might be over valuing this team a bit. We haven’t played too many quality opponents since Kansas, and we lost both games against the best two teams on paper. This next stretch of road games will be huge for this team. We need to respond.

My expectations probably dropped a bit after today. Maybe today is a wake up call, maybe it's not. Personally I'm kind of sick of the 'wake up call" BS; it feels like a cliche people say after a team doesn't show up.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
My expectations probably dropped a bit after today. Maybe today is a wake up call, maybe it's not. Personally I'm kind of sick of the 'wake up call" BS; it feels like a cliche people say after a team doesn't show up.

I think that Kansas win is carrying our resume right now. Our next best win is Mississippi State.

I had a bad feeling about today’s game. Any time you’re expected to beat a team like UK, that’s always a trap. Further, after they were blown out by Bama and lost to USCjr at home, they were cornered. Add to that we had one of worst disappearing acts, but yet we were still in the game. Hopefully it’s an outlier, just gonna ride it out and see how it goes.

I had a bad feeling about today’s game. Any time you’re expected to beat a team like UK, that’s always a trap. Further, after they were blown out by Bama and lost to USCjr at home, they were cornered. Add to that we had one of worst disappearing acts, but yet we were still in the game. Hopefully it’s an outlier, just gonna ride it out and see how it goes.

Agreed. One thing is clear after today though. The SEC pecking order is:

1. Alabama
2. Everyone Else

Im honestly, not trying to be negative, but I think a lot of people are. This team is fine, but a S16 is probably their ceiling. Our guards arent athletic finishers, and theyre not lights out shooters( they can be, but theyre not going to do it every game) Asking this team to beat 4 or 5 good teams in a row in March is a little much. If Phillips stays, Edwards develops, and Dellione (sp?) is what he supposed to be, add Aidoo. Next years team has the potential to be the team that does it, or at least the makings of that team. Theyll be much more athletic and long.

We’ll beat bama this year. We will be fine. People forget how miserable we all were this time last year. Cats had just dropped 100 on us and the offense was even worse than it is now.

We’ll beat bama this year. We will be fine. People forget how miserable we all were this time last year. Cats had just dropped 100 on us and the offense was even worse than it is now.
You get into Trippie's stash? This team needs KC, if he came back then we'd be so much better.

You said this after Colorado.

VN Store

Back