The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Kentucky played way bigger than they typically do without Wheeler playing and Wallace limited, they did a great job slowing it down and pounding the glass. Our strength would’ve been spreading them out and Zeigler breaking things down off the dribble and then quick passing and we started doing that 3/4 times in a row and then Zeigler got hit with his 4th foul on a bad call.
That foul on ZZZ was for allowing the KY guy to step on Ziegler’s foot? I’m just thankful Bilas wasn’t officiating as he pegged Vescovi for hitting that guy’s elbow with his face! Bilas was also calling for a foul when the KY guy tripped on his own foot.

That foul on ZZZ was for allowing the KY guy to step on Ziegler’s foot? I’m just thankful Bilas wasn’t officiating as he pegged Vescovi for hitting that guy’s elbow with his face! Bilas was also calling for a foul when the KY guy tripped on his own foot.

I only saw one replay, but I thought I saw ZZ step on the KY guy’s foot.

I know it’s played out to complain about all the new people coming here when we suck but…. The amount of people complaining about point guard depth and some of our guards not being able to handle the ball in the half court is hilarious. This has been discussed ad nauseam for six months and we have people acting like the season is over because they just discovered this. Between this and the freaking out over a single loss has me going crazy. I hate gatekeeping sports fandom, but it gets annoying af this time of year, every single season.

As someone who lives (and graduated from - I’ve revealed this on the hoops forum before, pls don’t kill me) around U of A, I’ve been at my friend’s throats about this all day. Miles sucks and doesn’t hurt their depth at all, but I just can’t see a team with an alleged murderer making a run in March. Ridiculous, I know, but that’s how the mind thinks this time of year.

Saturday exposed this teams lack of an alpha who can take over games. Do we lose that game with KC? Grant? Admiral? Eventually somebody has to step up and be the man. A lot of talent in this room, but an offense that's dependent on ball movement can only go so far. Jmo

Saturday exposed this teams lack of an alpha who can take over games. Do we lose that game with KC? Grant? Admiral? Eventually somebody has to step up and be the man. A lot of talent in this room, but an offense that's dependent on ball movement can only go so far. Jmo
Living in the past will do that. If we only had Kennedy…if we only had Grant…..news flash….we don’t…..

We are missing that player right now that can put the team on his back.

Reactions: johnfnkelly
Well, taking the last 2 days off from VN was pretty damn smart. I'm all caught up and it was exactly what I expected. Well, there was one surprise, checkerboards wanting Dilione to transfer because Barnes is wasting his time, bringing him to UT, early. Bwaa-ha-ha

Don’t forget checkerboards waiting in the wings as a superior coach to Rick Barnes

Agreed...we have too many players who cannot consistently create their own good looks. JJJ was the closest to being that guy at the end of last season and that's who we need to regain his form as a legit triple-threat option. ZZ has shown flashes but obviously has to pick his spots. JP has the potential but I really have my doubts he can do it this season - hope I'm wrong.

Agreed...we have too many players who cannot consistently create their own good looks. JJJ was the closest to being that guy at the end of last season and that's who we need to regain his form as a legit triple-threat option. ZZ has shown flashes but obviously has to pick his spots. JP has the potential but I really have my doubts he can do it this season - hope I'm wrong.
We really need JP to pick it up. His ability to score off the dribble is the X factor right now.

VN Store

Back