The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Still amazed that a team as garbage as A&M is really gets that many whistles...that's crazy.

And no it's not even sour grapes...they are middle of the pack or worse in every category in the SEC. They however are first in free throws and free throw attempts.

Another interesting stat, their two lowest free throw attempt games in the SEC. Florida and at Kentucky, Castelton had 6 blocks in that game so I guess they didn't want anymore of that trying to drive to the rim...and the other game was in Rupp, so ya know the Zebras weren't going to call much against Big Blue

see above comment by me.

Good kids find themselves murder-adjacent all the time?
Thank you-we’re not talking Jameis Winston stealing crab legs here. Unless he’s naive to the point that he has no agency over his own actions, he understood he was bringing a gun to an environment where it didn’t belong. He was also likely told why he was bringing the gun. We would never give this treatment to an non-athlete

Statement from Miller's lawyer. If true, he may really have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

bob-odenkirk-better-call-saul.gif

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Statement from Miller's lawyer. If true, he may really have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If it’s true, then I agree. However, it’s Miller’s lawyer’s job to paint him in as favorable of a light as possible. For Miller’s sake, I hope he is guilty of nothing more than being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We will see.

Sounds like Miller’s biggest crime is choosing who he runs around with. Guns are never a good idea to carry around. Unless you’re heading off into the woods wearing an orange vest. Or heading to a shooting range.

I don’t know about never (different conversation for a different board)…but it’s definitely not a good idea to willingly give a gun to a guy who had probably been drinking.

So his lawyer is saying he's innocent...you don't say lol

I did qualify what I posted with, "If true." I'm fully aware that Standridge isn't an impartial observer. The fact of the matter, though, is that Miller hasn't been charged with a crime. Standridge's account provides a plausible (not to say true) explanation of why Miller hasn't been charged (the only plausible explanation, in fact, that I've come across). I suppose as the trial unfolds information will emerge either corroborating or refuting what Sandridge wrote.

I did qualify what I posted with, "If true." I'm fully aware that Standridge isn't an impartial observer. The fact of the matter, though, is that Miller hasn't been charged with a crime. Standridge's account provides a plausible (not to say true) explanation of why Miller hasn't been charged (the only plausible explanation, in fact, that I've come across). I suppose as the trial unfolds information will emerge either corroborating or refuting what Sandridge wrote.
I don't have a dog in the fight, nor do I really care what ultimately happens to him.

However, to use a statement his lawyer put out as "proof" is a little silly*.

*not you in particular, just in general.

I don't have a dog in the fight, nor do I really care what ultimately happens to him.

However, to use a statement his lawyer put out as "proof" is a little silly*.

*not you in particular, just in general.

If I see anyone using it as proof, I'll be sure to let him know he's being silly.

Reactions: berryvol
The released text to Miller from Miles that said “bring me my gun” seems to refute the part of the statement that Miller didn’t know there was a gun in the car….but I guess they are playing the dumb card and saying that Miller never saw that text until after the incident.

Tennessee? Inconsistent and not healthy, removing 2 starters from any team will have an impact, see Arkansas’ struggles early this year. Let’s see how they look once healthy, hopefully more like the team we expect.

Not to mention that a few of the guys playing aren't full health either.

I'm pretty down on Key. We had Powell, Bailey, and Diboundje on last year's roster...2 of them had played some PG in their careers and had SEC experience. Granted it might not have been a choice for us to keep any of them, but I don't feel like the staff expected Key to be the PG we landed when letting those guys leave.

If nothing else they all have better size than Key and would have likely been able to be just as streaky and inconsistent scoring as he has been. It was an easy "get" Key had missed an entire season, local TN kid and we probably didn't have to do much work to secure him as a transfer...but damn really wish we had went a lot harder for some of the better PG talent that was in the portal last year looking at how things have gone.

Not to mention that a few of the guys playing aren't full health either.

I'm pretty down on Key. We had Powell, Bailey, and Diboundje on last year's roster...2 of them had played some PG in their careers and had SEC experience. Granted it might not have been a choice for us to keep any of them, but I don't feel like the staff expected Key to be the PG we landed when letting those guys leave.

If nothing else they all have better size than Key and would have likely been able to be just as streaky and inconsistent scoring as he has been. It was an easy "get" Key had missed an entire season, local TN kid and we probably didn't have to do much work to secure him as a transfer...but damn really wish we had went a lot harder for some of the better PG talent that was in the portal last year looking at how things have gone.
They had Yuri locked up, that one still is a sore subject among the staff because yes, they really wanted to add a PG to the roster and be able to just play Key off the ball. I would strongly suggest that there’s a very good chance a portal PG will be added this offseason and that the staff already has had their ears to the ground.

They had Yuri locked up, that one still is a sore subject among the staff because yes, they really wanted to add a PG to the roster and be able to just play Key off the ball. I would strongly suggest that there’s a very good chance a portal PG will be added this offseason and that the staff already has had their ears to the ground.

Prayed for Sherfield after Yuri

Yeah, I just hope they learn from Yuri being locked up. It's part of it though, Clark/Gainey are both less experienced guys and they should have had more options lined-up if Yuri bailed.

We for sure need 1 more legit PG on this roster. BJ Edwards isn't there yet, Dilione, Carr, DJ, Mashack aren't likely going to ever be true PGs either.

Curious if a few of last year's class may look to transfer...

🤫🤐😬

Reactions: Ryno14
Yeah, I just hope they learn from Yuri being locked up. It's part of it though, Clark/Gainey are both less experienced guys and they should have had more options lined-up if Yuri bailed.

We for sure need 1 more legit PG on this roster. BJ Edwards isn't there yet, Dilione, Carr, DJ, Mashack aren't likely going to ever be true PGs either.

Curious if a few of last year's class may look to transfer...
It’s possible, but as of now it doesn’t look like any of Edwards, Jefferson, Phillips or Awaka will look to transfer…and I’m fine with that. If no transfers, just lose the seniors that leaves room for 2 portal additions and would be a very deep roster. And yes I agree, and think the staff feels the same, an addition at PG is necessary, even if it’s a CG.

VN Store

Back