The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

With that news out there (had been expected behind the scenes) I’ll go ahead and share that this is someone the staff is interested in… Matthew Murrell College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Gonna handle portal news a bit different this year after Yuri debacle, won’t name players or strongly hint at them until they’ve actually entered the portal.
OMG I literally was going to ask if we would go after him if he went into the portal lol. He’d be a huge pickup. Dude is fast, strong, can shoot it, and can drive it.

kermit-tea-meme-history-meaning.jpg

With that news out there (had been expected behind the scenes) I’ll go ahead and share that this is someone the staff is interested in… Matthew Murrell College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Gonna handle portal news a bit different this year after Yuri debacle, won’t name players or strongly hint at them until they’ve actually entered the portal.
Definitely fits the mold of the off-guard I hoped for that can shoot the lights out.

Reactions: berryvol
I’m not sure what Phillips circle expected. I’m disappointed, too, obviously that he hasn’t produced what I thought he might, but he is still so young. Everyone in this era wants success to come quickly and easily. It’s so easy to just blame the coaching staff as a player’s parent for why your child didn’t succeed instantly.

Phillips other top options were LSU and Auburn. LSU is a hot mess right now and Auburn is on the bubble. Bruce secured Yohan Traore’s commitment, and Traore hasn’t exactly been lighting it up on the Plains himself. So, do they really think they just made the wrong choice? Because it’s not like if he went anywhere else that he would have been instantly put in a better position.

Reactions: berryvol
Murrell was a Memphis kid before the IMG jump too. Probably a plug and play addition if he did hit the portal and wanted to come here.

I think I'm just going to play wait and see though with portal recruiting this year... we likely will be more active having 2 or 3 spots to fill (and that's only assuming "expected" departures).

Last edited:
OMG I literally was going to ask if we would go after him if he went into the portal lol. He’d be a huge pickup. Dude is fast, strong, can shoot it, and can drive it.
Obviously nothing is done deal or sure thing, just saying he’s someone the staff will likely reach out to and have interest in.

I'd hope someone shows Phillips the options...

Corey Walker, top 100 kid didn't seem to think this was the right fit after discussing his desire to be developed. Can't get on the court at 12-16 South Florida. He's 8th in MPG there and his per game line is pretty sad.

Brandon Huntley-Hatfield, doubled his minutes going to Louisville...still pretty sad per game numbers and you're on a 4 win team how fun is that?

Justin Powell is getting all the minutes he could want and still has less PPG than both ZZ and Santi while playing for a 14-15 Washington State team.

Seems most the guys that transfer out don't really pan out unless they step down in competition or they end up on bad teams.

Here's an interesting stat...the Vols haven't lost a single game where Aidoo scores 7 or more points.

Also Vols are 15-2 when ZZ has 2 or more steals (the 2 losses are both games where he had 3 or more fouls).

When he's locked in and can play hard defensively without fouls being called ZZ and the team play better because of it. On ball pressure is a big part of ZZ getting things going.

at Florida and vs Colorado were the only games where he had at least 1 steal, but wasn't in some sort of foul trouble. All the other losses his aggressive on ball pressure was kept in check because of fouls and he had to back off.

Reactions: Volprofch05
As I understand it, Tennessee has decided to use Ticketmaster as their distributor, which is what has people in such a fuss?

Is that not correct?

Can you still get tickets to Tennessee basketball games directly from the distributor (Tennessee ticket office)?
Not sure if that’s who season tickets and initial single games are through, but UT isn’t the ones charging $170 for lower level seats was my point. If you bought them when they went on sale they were face value, not sure if they sold out and so this is essentially secondary market or what at this point, but that’s not what UT was selling them for.

Not sure if that’s who season tickets and initial single games are through, but UT isn’t the ones charging $170 for lower level seats was my point. If you bought them when they went on sale they were face value, not sure if they sold out and so this is essentially secondary market or what at this point, but that’s not what UT was selling them for.
This seat at 170 is not resale. I wonder how much the Ticket office at the arena charges if you just walk in there before the game? Can you even do that now are they even open?

This seat at 170 is not resale. I wonder how much the Ticket office at the arena charges if you just walk in there before the game? Can you even do that now are they even open?
I’m not sure, I just know that’s not what the cost was (ie face value), that’s ticketmasters market adjusted price which Tennessee has nothing to do with (other that that being their distributor).

I'd imagine that is a secondary market seat. When you buy tickets on ticketmaster you can click sell and set the price you want for them. It will show up in the listings like that with the sellers new price. Ticketmaster's fees are a pain.

I’m not sure, I just know that’s not what the cost was (ie face value), that’s ticketmasters market adjusted price which Tennessee has nothing to do with (other that that being their distributor).
Yes dynamic pricing. But I wonder if you simply walk into the ticket office before a game what that would cost? Does anyone know if the ticket office is even still open before games?

VN Store

Back