The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Who on the team is out of eligibility after this season? Is it just Key? Seems like everyone has a covid year if they choose to use it

Reactions: vol94
Don’t think we have to have Julian Phillips back for Arkansas to beat them. I want him back to win and to get some of that chemistry back instead of the throwing him in the SEC Tourney.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Don’t think we have to have Julian Phillips back for Arkansas to beat them. I want him back to win and to get some of that chemistry back instead of the throwing him in the SEC Tourney.
Really? Wish I shared your confidence. Arkansas hasn't been as good as expected but I think theyre more solid than the perception and they've started to come on as of of late

Reactions: berryvol

With Nick Smith back in the fold for Arkansas, I think Tennessee needs all hands on deck to win this one. What I will be interested to see is how Barnes handles the rotation when Phillips does return. Do you take minutes away from Mashack who has been playing very well or do you eat into Aidoo’s / ORN’s minutes and play more small ball? I would think the latter, but we will see.

Really? Wish I shared your confidence. Arkansas hasn't been as good as expected but I think theyre more solid than the perception and they've started to come on as of of late

Arkansas may be the second best team in the league with Smith back. I'm glad this game is at home.

Yeah Arkansas has some serious height at the guards...and Kentucky took advantage of us with their tall guards.

Ricky Council 6'6"
Anthony Black 6'7"
Davonte Davis 6'3"
Nick Smith 6'5"

And even though he's listed as a Forward Jordan Walsh 6'7" is mostly a perimeter player for them

So I'd like to see JJJ and Phillips back to help matchup with that size on the outside. The Mitchell twins are both 6'9" so they don't have a huge interior size advantage. Meaning you can play some small ball and let Aidoo, ORN, Awaka, Uros all split minutes at the 5 mostly and play 2 of them if Arkansas tries to play 2 bigs at the same time to counter it.

Not that it matters, but we dropped all the way from 13 to 25 in The Athletic’s updated weekly rankings. Feels like the Athletic has been pretty fair with our rankings this year, so dropping 12 spots and almost out of the rankings for losing on the road to the #2 team in the conference feels rather harsh.

I do wonder if this means we can expect a bigger drop in the AP poll than I expected today.

I just now realized Seth also kept Miami at #19 LOL. Didn’t fall a single spot for blowing a 25-point lead at home to one of the worst teams in the P5. Nevermind. These rankings are actually absurd this week.

How good of a 3 point shooting team is Arkansas? If we can contain their shooters I think we beat them at home for sure.

Not much of one at all, although it's been better with Smith back. Lots of similarities to the Kentucky roster in that Arkansas has a ton of length and athleticism but will go through scoring droughts and turns the ball over too much at times with just not very smart play.

VN Store

Back