The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we're a 6 seed and really not sure how much it matters. We've played better against ranked opponents than we have unranked. So maybe being disrespected with a lower seed will have everyone playing far more aggressive.

All the talking heads rave about guard play in the tournament, so us losing ZZ is more to do with our seeding dropping than losing games on the road which 6 of our 9 loses were true road games.
Holy overreaction Batman

I can’t imagine a 6 seed when we are #3 in the NET and #5 in KenPom. That would be ridiculous.
People don’t realize the landscape and just like to make crazy comments, look around…TCU is a 5 seed and is 20-11, we are 22-9. Indiana is a 4 and 21-10. Iowa State is 18-12, just lost a starter for the year and is a 6 seed. Cmon people.

A 6 seed?? Hell, just kick us out of the tourney all together if we’re gonna plummet for no reason at all.

I mean I'm just sharing an opinion of what the committee may do. We didn't exactly do ourselves any favors...and with 9 losses we don't have as great of a resume as we did earlier when being projected as a 2/3 seed.

I mean I'm constantly a sunshine pumper, but we did end the season 4-6 and lost our starting PG. So there is plenty of reason for the plummet in seeding, especially if we go 0-1 in the SECT. I don't know if a SECT run will help our seeding, but if we lose Thursday it will for sure hurt it.

I think we should be a 4 seed (at worst) I'd say we're likely going to be in the East or South bracket. Who knows though, the bracketology on ESPN seems to have some crazy picks.

A&M as a 7 seed? Texas & Baylor as 2 seeds?

People don’t realize the landscape and just like to make crazy comments, look around…TCU is a 5 seed and is 20-11, we are 22-9. Indiana is a 4 and 21-10. Iowa State is 18-12, just lost a starter for the year and is a 6 seed. Cmon people.

That's kind of the point though... the committee doesn't have an easy to follow rhyme or reason for their seeding choices.

They may punish us for ZZ going down and our last 10 games more than they do a team like Indiana who has a weaker resume.

That's kind of the point though... the committee doesn't have an easy to follow rhyme or reason for their seeding choices.

They may punish us for ZZ going down and our last 10 games more than they do a team like Indiana who has a weaker resume.
Well history suggests they don’t do that, and history tells us that NET rankings are very heavily weighed which ours is much better than any of those teams on that line. Out of 68 brackets on the matrix (people who do this stuff for a living), not a single one of them has us as even a 5 seed, never mind a 6 seed. Could it happen, I guess, but it would go down as the biggest seeding miss arguably in NCAAT history. This just feels like extreme BVS, it’s just as plausible to talk about Tennessee getting a 1 as it is a 6.

Well history suggests they don’t do that, and history tells us that NET rankings are very heavily weighed which ours is much better than any of those teams on that line. Out of 68 brackets on the matrix (people who do this stuff for a living), not a single one of them has us as even a 5 seed, never mind a 6 seed. Could it happen, I guess, but it would go down as the biggest seeding miss arguably in NCAAT history. This just feels like extreme BVS, it’s just as plausible to talk about Tennessee getting a 1 as it is a 6.

I stated what my opinion on our seeding was (4 seed) and maybe it is a case of BVS thinking we could get screwed with a 6 seed. I hope that's not the case and the 3 seed currently being projected holds true.

Great piece on Dillione today at On3 if you have a subscription. It’s long. Basically, a few bullet points I found interesting (but there is a lot in there):

- He’s running PG for the scout team right now. So, very likely he plays on ball some next year.

- He’s up to 190 in the weight room. He mentions several times about wanting to “get his body right”. Mendenwald thinks he’ll be 200 by the time summer ends. We have seen with Phillips just how important a strong body is…

- Freddie said he’s recognized the importance of spacing.

- He’s also very happy with his decision to early enroll. He says he is going to have a strong understanding of what is expected of him next year, he’s recognized the importance of leadership on the court, and he plans to mento his fellow 2023 class when they arrive.

Great piece on Dillione today at On3 if you have a subscription. It’s long. Basically, a few bullet points I found interesting (but there is a lot in there):

- He’s running PG for the scout team right now. So, very likely he plays on ball some next year.

- He’s up to 190 in the weight room. He mentions several times about wanting to “get his body right”. Mendenwald thinks he’ll be 200 by the time summer ends. We have seen with Phillips just how important a strong body is…

- He’s also very happy with his decision to early enroll. He says he is going to have a strong understanding of what is expected of him next year, he’s recognized the importance of leadership on the court, and he plans to mento his fellow 2023 class when they arrive.

Thanks for the report on it. Good stuff. And like I said before...PG. He's going to play a good bit of it (especially with the ZZ injury), and he's going to play ahead of BJE at that position. A high-level transfer at PG may push both off the ball, primarily, but Freddie is going to be the early backup at that spot.

Missouri feels like a decent buy at that price.

Missouri fans have been mad online that KenPom and Vegas have Tennessee as higher odds. I mean, KenPom is just literal math and Vegas uses math to determine odds, so it’s funny to see all of the anger over math, but I guess I can’t blame them since they got a Top 4 seed and beat us.

To be honest, I think we are incredibly overvalued right now. We’re 4-6 in our last 10 and lost our starting PG for the year. I just can’t buy us as the 2nd most likely winner….

Freddie is going to be "The Truth"

Pretty interesting graphic. I think at the start of this year we kind of expected to be one of the more senior laden teams with a lot of experience on the court in March, but this just kind of shows you we also will be relying on a ton of youth in crunch time when the lights are brightest. Pretty much a 50/50 split.

Reactions: berryvol

VN Store

Back