The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Wish SCAR had pulled that upset on Alabama a week or so ago so we wouldn’t have to play bama until the finals
The draw could've been worse though.
Easy Thursday game. A re match against Mizzou who won on a fluke, and a Bama team that isn't playing their best ball. It could be a lot worse.

The draw could've been worse though.
Easy Thursday game. A re match against Mizzou who won on a fluke, and a Bama team that isn't playing their best ball. It could be a lot worse.

I don’t think the game against Ole Miss/SCAR will be as easy as people think. Nothing ever comes easy in the SEC Tournament.

Lady Vols are hanging with undefeated, #1 USCe. But it’s only the end of the first quarter. 20-21. 3-point buzzer beater by Horston. ESPN.

@bleedingTNorange
What's the word on the Harris kid that just announced his commitment date? Jayden "Juke" Harris he's a SG. We in it or even wanting to take him?
He’s been getting discussed in the 2024 thread…Tennessee is in it and confident, they want him, could be some drama with NIL if he decides to shop around etc. but as of today the staff likes their chances.

Damn, dropping us to 17 in the final AP before conference tournament time could mean we may not even be a 4 seed.

Damn, dropping us to 17 in the final AP before conference tournament time could mean we may not even be a 4 seed.

I think dropping us 5 spots for losing a road game against a good opponent seems harsh. But I also think there is some punishment for us losing 6 out of our last 10 and some bias for ZZ being out for the season. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if the committee dropped us to a 5-seed because of how we ended the season and the ZZ injury.

Seth Davis doesn't even have the Vols in his top 25 or the additional 10 teams he lists as receiving consideration. So, we're apparently not in the top 35... I agree that we are being dropped more than usual due to ZZ's injury.

• Tennessee finally dropped off my ballot, not only because the Volunteers lost at Auburn, but because they lost point guard and defensive spark plug, Zakai Zeigler, to a torn ACL during Tuesday’s home win over Arkansas. I wouldn’t normally give much weight to a road loss to a good conference opponent, but if a team is ranked No. 25, it should drop off after any loss to an unranked team. That is especially true in light of such a devastating injury.

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we're a 6 seed and really not sure how much it matters. We've played better against ranked opponents than we have unranked. So maybe being disrespected with a lower seed will have everyone playing far more aggressive.

All the talking heads rave about guard play in the tournament, so us losing ZZ is more to do with our seeding dropping than losing games on the road which 6 of our 9 loses were true road games.

Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if we're a 6 seed and really not sure how much it matters. We've played better against ranked opponents than we have unranked. So maybe being disrespected with a lower seed will have everyone playing far more aggressive.

All the talking heads rave about guard play in the tournament, so us losing ZZ is more to do with our seeding dropping than losing games on the road which 6 of our 9 loses were true road games.
A 6 seed?? Hell, just kick us out of the tourney all together if we’re gonna plummet for no reason at all.

I think dropping us 5 spots for losing a road game against a good opponent seems harsh. But I also think there is some punishment for us losing 6 out of our last 10 and some bias for ZZ being out for the season. I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if the committee dropped us to a 5-seed because of how we ended the season and the ZZ injury.
a 5 seed? I’m very curious to see the 16 you’d have ahead of us.

VN Store

Back