The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Here’s a rather random thought: JP Estrella will have a much bigger impact on the success of Tennessee basketball than ON ever had. I think he will be a difference maker and a consistent contributor after year 1.

Here’s a rather random thought: JP Estrella will have a much bigger impact on the success of Tennessee basketball than ON ever had. I think he will be a difference maker and a consistent contributor after year 1.

Estrella will have to put on some weight but as far as skills goes, he’s better than ON.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Estrella will have to put on some weight but as far as skills goes, he’s better than ON.
ON has an abundance of skills. What he’s lacking is consistency and too often effort. An athletic 6’-9” senior who the coach runs plays through shouldn’t ever disappear like ON regularly does for portions of the game. Has to be maddening for CRB

ON has an abundance of skills. What he’s lacking is consistency and too often effort. An athletic 6’-9” senior who the coach runs plays through shouldn’t ever disappear like ON regularly does for portions of the game. Has to be maddening for CRB
Yeah, it’s difficult to have to have these same conversations so many times during the year. The maddening thing to me is that it really raises the floor of this team if he performs and hustles like he’s capable.

Reactions: walkenvol
Sadly, it's been that way his entire time at Tennessee. I've made a VN career out of cursing his name in the hopes that the light would finally come on for him.

Called it! 💐

:cool: I was actually surprised that with all the focus Santi also still dropped 15 on them! We should see a bigger game from either Aidoo, Mashack, Phillips, or Awaka today...all 4 played low minutes and I think might be on the court more today because of Mizzou's size.

I don’t know much about DJ Jefferson other than he’s an Uber athletic guard but I love the energy that he has on the bench. Some of his dancing and reactions are hilarious

It’s great to see him taking the redshirt season so well. Lots of guys would complain and then transfer, but he seems to be enjoying the ride and knows his time will come. Shows a lot of maturity. I’m excited about his future.

Yeah, part of me hopes that Freddie, DJ, BJ Edwards are all learning from the guys ahead of them. Uros, JJJ, ON, Santi are all 4 year guys. Mashack and Aidoo are in their 2nd year and starting to get lots more minutes.

Put in the work and take advantage when your number is called.

Yeah, part of me hopes that Freddie, DJ, BJ Edwards are all learning from the guys ahead of them. Uros, JJJ, ON, Santi are all 4 year guys. Mashack and Aidoo are in their 2nd year and starting to get lots more minutes.

Put in the work and take advantage when your number is called.

There’s a couple of unknowns at the PG position but we should be a lot more athletic next year.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
:cool: I was actually surprised that with all the focus Santi also still dropped 15 on them! We should see a bigger game from either Aidoo, Mashack, Phillips, or Awaka today...all 4 played low minutes and I think might be on the court more today because of Mizzou's size.
It felt like we kinda figured mizzou out by going small in the second half but I don’t know if we’ll be as able to do that without ZZ

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
There’s a couple of unknowns at the PG position but we should be a lot more athletic next year.

Yeah I think if we land a good PG transfer next year will be a very fun year. We'll be a good team even without a true PG if ZZ's still hurt, since it'll give another full off-season to Freddie, BJ, and Mashack to run the point. But a legit known PG in the portal will be a big part of next year's team success.

Feels like we’re definitely a 4 unless we get penalized real harshly for the Zakai injury, which is possible. Should at least be well rested. Really hope we can at least get out of the first round

Our defense sucks now. Guess we do nothing super well heading into March.

Definitely not a lot to be encouraged about heading into next weekend. Yes, Missouri shot very well today, but lots of teams in March are going to shoot the 3-ball and Missouri shooting well had a lot to do with our bad defense and wasn’t just a fluke.

Reactions: vol94 and berryvol

VN Store

Back