The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Something to keep in mind since there has been a lot of negativity (myself included) about our chances in this tournament. Granted, I don't these studies can account for injuries to star players, but there is still a chance this skid we're on will mean nothing next weekend.

I agree; however in the time I've watched UT basketball, I've seen ONE time where we weren't playing that great at the end of the season and we got hot in the NCAAT, our E8 year. Every other time regardless of how we played, it pretty much ended as it always does.

Some positivity, last year we thought we had a very good draw and we got bounced early. This year it looks like we have a very tough draw, maybe that means we’ll make it out of the first weekend.

Reactions: berryvol
I love that we are a hot team and get bounced and our fan base says being hot doesn’t matter, now everybody is scared of Duke because they’re a “hot” team because they won a few games in a horrible ACC!

It’s less about Duke winning games in a bad ACC and more about the fact that they are a very long team with a bunch of 5-star talent finally getting right. We’ve struggled with big, long teams this year like Kentucky, and last year a team very similar to Duke bounced us in R32

For two weeks I’ve been saying I was dreading the Duke draw and felt it was coming. Luckily, we didn’t draw them in Greeneseboro, but it’s still going to be an extremely tough game if we make it past ULL.

It’s less about Duke winning games in a bad ACC and more about the fact that they are a very long team with a bunch of 5-star talent finally getting right. We’ve struggled with big, long teams this year like Kentucky, and last year a team very similar to Duke bounced us in R32

For two weeks I’ve been saying I was dreading the Duke draw and felt it was coming. Luckily, we didn’t draw them in Greeneseboro, but it’s still going to be an extremely tough game if we make it past ULL.
Roach is also going to eat whoever guards him alive. ZZ would be a wonderful matchup for him, but not sure who we have who can really stay in front of him (assuming both win).

Just about any 5 was gonna be a tough matchup, freak outs would be ensuing about St Mary’s or SDSU too, it’s what we do.

Reactions: BisonVol
I love that we are a hot team and get bounced and our fan base says being hot doesn’t matter, now everybody is scared of Duke because they’re a “hot” team because they won a few games in a horrible ACC!

A healthy portion of our fan base would be selling literally any matchup we were given as brutal.

Just about any 5 was gonna be a tough matchup, freak outs would be ensuing about St Mary’s or SDSU too, it’s what we do.

My personal belief is that I’d rather draw SDSU or the Gaels over Duke, but I may be wrong. Maybe we matchup better with Duke. I just typically want no part of playing against a bunch of underperforming 5-star talent when the lights are brightest. Maybe I just have too much of a Michigan hangover from last year, but it feels almost like a carbon copy of that game in the R32 (yes I know Michigan barely got in) based on the talent on paper.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I mean I really only care about our draw for the first two games. This team is not making the Elite 8 regardless of our draw

Roach is also going to eat whoever guards him alive. ZZ would be a wonderful matchup for him, but not sure who we have who can really stay in front of him (assuming both win).
Mashack will lock him down The big Caucasian kid will get his but Roach won't run wild

Weirdly enough, I feel good about the S16/E8 relative to other regions. But, that matchup with Duke looming is just…ugh.
Kinda think OR may give them all they want and more. I would not feel good at all about our chances against OR tho, they score so much I fear we couldn’t keep up.

Kinda think OR may give them all they want and more. I would not feel good at all about our chances against OR tho, they score so much I fear we couldn’t keep up.
Have they played against a physical defense like ours (assuming we rediscover our ability to do that)?

A lot of negativity in here for a 4 seed. I understand the loss of zz and some close games, but think we’ve played decent the last few games without him outside of turnovers. Beat Arkansas and ole miss handily. Loss to mizzou and auburn was due primarily to points off turnovers.

Take care of the ball and keep shooting the way we have been and I think we can make a run.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Mashack will lock him down The big Caucasian kid will get his but Roach won't run wild
Wow your rite Mashack on Proctor,JJJ on Whitehead ,Olivier on Mitchell and Big Uros and Aidoo on Lively,Vescovi on Roach and the Caucasian kid from Duke the whole team guards him lol

VN Store

Back