The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Damnnnnnnnn too bad we don’t have room for Ron Holland. Definitely the best player from this class imo

Kid does everything. Great defender.

9 straight wins for Tennessee baseball. Considering our BasketVols revived Candy’s season, only right that the Candy Boys revived the BaseVols. Team is playing extremely well right now.
It’s hard to predict how the rest of the season will unfold, but if I’m a team in our regional I would be terrified.

Celtics head coach might be an actual idiot. Never calls timeouts at the end of games. Inexcusable to not get a shot off with 18 seconds and two timeouts. Wow.

Yeah. I’m fine with no timeout in the NBA, and especially with a team like the Celtics have. You can trust them to execute a play to get a good shot.

And they did. It was just .5 seconds too late

Doesn’t matter if it’s even 0.1 seconds late. They didn’t get a shot off. That’s bad. Especially with 18 seconds to work with. I know I’m in an apparent minority on this board when it comes to timeouts, but you have them so use them. This isn’t the first time this post-season, and especially not this season, that Mazulla has completely mis-managed the clock in the final minute.

Reactions: berryvol
Doesn’t matter if it’s even 0.1 seconds late. They didn’t get a shot off. That’s bad. Especially with 18 seconds to work with. I know I’m in an apparent minority on this board when it comes to timeouts, but you have them so use them. This isn’t the first time this post-season, and especially not this season, that Mazulla has completely mis-managed the clock in the final minute.
You don't have to use them but three times in this series (twice in this game) they've failed to execute a play to seal a winnable game. They have all the tools they need to get a bucket against any defense the Sixers throw at them, go ahead and take the timeout to draw up a play.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
You don't have to use them but three times in this series (twice in this game) they've failed to execute a play to seal a winnable game. They have all the tools they need to get a bucket against any defense the Sixers throw at them, go ahead and take the timeout to draw up a play.
They got (and made) a shot though. They were just a little slow. I don’t know why they’d be expected to be any faster out of a time out. Maybe it’s different but I think it’s just as likely to be worse than better and anything else is just hindsight.

They got (and made) a shot though. They were just a little slow. I don’t know why they’d be expected to be any faster out of a time out. Maybe it’s different but I think it’s just as likely to be worse than better and anything else is just hindsight.

Side out with Embiid covering the inbound sounds like a nightmare in that scenario too.

I’m not arguing that it was correct to not take the timeout FWIW. Just saying I understand the reasoning behind it and don’t think it’s objectively wrong to have not used one there. There is some nuance.

Where as the Bucks in round 1, that felt more objectively wrong.

Side out with Embiid covering the inbound sounds like a nightmare in that scenario too.

I’m not arguing that it was correct to not take the timeout FWIW. Just saying I understand the reasoning behind it and don’t think it’s objectively wrong to have not used one there. There is some nuance.

Where as the Bucks in round 1, that felt more objectively wrong.
Yeah. I’m with you. I think it’s easy after the fact to poke holes in decisions but in the moment I get what he was thinking a little and it wasn’t so crazy.

VN Store

Back