The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

OK, yeah, I agree. Is a 69-year-old head coach who has really only been marginally successful over the last 5 seasons worth fighting to keep? It isn't like this is a decision whether to retain Bill Self, or not. Seems like a pretty easy way to reset the program and it not cost you any money as I'm sure there are grounds to fire with cause. Resetting the program shouldn't be a real issue given the lack of recent high-level success.

Reactions: berryvol
OK, yeah, I agree. Is a 69-year-old head coach who has really only been marginally successful over the last 5 seasons worth fighting to keep? It isn't like this is a decision whether to retain Bill Self, or not. Seems like a pretty easy way to reset the program and it not cost you any money as I'm sure there are grounds to fire with cause. Resetting the program shouldn't be a real issue given the lack of recent high-level success.

You make a point. Maybe his contract was written in a way they couldn’t fire for cause here.

I honestly don’t care what other adults do in their bedrooms, but I find this entire recent political correctness concerning homosexuality in our country to be one of the most sudden changes I’ve seen in my lifetime. 20 years ago nobody would have even noticed his comment. This was an ongoing sketch on In Living Color.

A) In Living Color was 30+ years ago, not 20.

B) It’s called things change.

Reactions: DowntownVol
Tennessee basketball transfer BJ Edwards has committed to SMU, the freshman point guard announced on social media Friday afternoon.

The Knoxville native will play for former Tennessee basketball assistant coach Rob Lanier with the Mustangs. Lanier was named SMU’s head coach on March 27 following three seasons in charge at Georgia State.

Tennessee basketball transfer BJ Edwards has committed to SMU, the freshman point guard announced on social media Friday afternoon.

The Knoxville native will play for former Tennessee basketball assistant coach Rob Lanier with the Mustangs. Lanier was named SMU’s head coach on March 27 following three seasons in charge at Georgia State.

Doubt this is a coincidence.

My bet is that it was a mutual parting of ways and Barnes worked to help him find the best landing spot.

Athletic updated hoops rankings

12. Tennessee
Last time: 19

The Vols got great news when 6-3 point guard Santiago Vescovi announced he would return for a super senior season. Rick Barnes also added three players via the transfer portal, most notably Harvard guard Chris Ledlum, a 6-6 super senior who led the Crimson in scoring (18.8 points per game) and rebounding (8.5) last season. Three other Vols are currently entered in the NBA Draft but have retained their eligibility. Only one of those, 6-8 sophomore forward Julian Phillips, has been invited to the combine, and he also put his name into the portal this week. The other two, 6-6 senior wing Josiah-Jordan James and 7-1 senior center Uros Plavsic, were projected as departures in my previous ranking, but their decisions to retain eligibility indicates the desire to return. The other big question is how quickly — and how well — 5-9 senior point guard Zakai Zeigler recovers from the torn ACL he suffered at the end of February.

No they are not. ESPN has Tennessee #7 without either one.

Okay, maybe not literally all of them but a majority of them do. Last time I checked, CBS, the Athletic, Jon Rothstein, etc. a bunch still had JJJ and Uros in there. Not that it even matters at all, I just find it humorous that’s it.

Moussa Cisse to Ole Mess. Beard building a nice roster for next season, especially defensively in the the post with Cisse and Jamarion Sharp. Two of the best shot blockers in the country.

Reactions: berryvol
Moussa Cisse to Ole Mess. Beard building a nice roster for next season, especially defensively in the the post with Cisse and Jamarion Sharp. Two of the best shot blockers in the country.
I'm assuming he will have to either sit out a year or get a wavier to play next year right? Started at Memphis, then OK State, and then now Ole Miss

I'm assuming he will have to either sit out a year or get a wavier to play next year right? Started at Memphis, then OK State, and then now Ole Miss
Not sure at all if he actually has family in Memphis, but he did play his final 2 years of high school ball there. Transferring close to “home” has a funny way of getting guys eligible in most cases.

VN Store

Back