The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Thought it was interesting Oscar Tshiebwe official height at NBA combine is 6'7. (Kentucky listed him at 6'9. But is wingspan of 7'3.5 was the longest measured except for 2 other players both 7 footers. Edey from Purdue and the big man from Creighton.
Does UT measure wingspans, curious where some of our guys may come in?

Same article says Julian Philips vertical was the best at the combine. Sounds to me like he may have helped himself and move into first round based on potential.

2023 NBA Draft Combine measurements, results: Purdue's Zach Edey stands tall with Victor Wembanyama in France (msn.com)

Last edited:
Thought it was interesting Oscar Tshiebwe official height at NBA combine is 6'7. (Kentucky listed him at 6'9. But is wingspan of 7'3.5 was the longest measured except for 2 other players both 7 footers. Edey from Purdue and the big man from Creighton.
Does UT measure wingspans, curious where some of our guys may come in?

Same article says Julian Philips vertical was the best at the combine. Sounds to me like he may have helped himself and move into first round based on potential.

2023 NBA Draft Combine measurements, results: Purdue's Zach Edey stands tall with Victor Wembanyama in France (msn.com)

Wild, that's 3 UT players in a row with the highest max vertical at the combine. Keon, Kennedy and now Julian.

He was third best the same year as Keon. 5.5" behind him too, which just seems unbelievable when you think about how Pons could fly.
5.5” is a really big gap too. Keon really didn’t use his athleticism to its full potential while here. With that kind of bounce, he should have been a walking highlight reel

Reactions: GenRRN
5.5” is a really big gap too. Keon really didn’t use his athleticism to its full potential while here. With that kind of bounce, he should have been a walking highlight reel
He actually was a walking highlight. There's an entire 90-ish second highlight clip of just Keon dunks drom his freshman season on YouTube. Unfortunately, it came during a rather forgettable covid year with no fans in attendance and a season where Tennessee was a postseason disappointment, so many fans just don't remember his talent.

He actually was a walking highlight. There's an entire 90-ish second highlight clip of just Keon dunks drom his freshman season on YouTube. Unfortunately, it came during a rather forgettable covid year with no fans in attendance and a season where Tennessee was a postseason disappointment, so many fans just don't remember his talent.
I really wish the Springer and Keon year wasn't during covid. I feel like that team could have been a lot more enjoyable.

This one?

I mean it’s like 15ish dunks and only one or two were really posters. Most were uncontested put backs, oops, or fast breaks. I remember his ball pressure that season being awesome more than his dunks.

Dang...tough crowd. Ok.

Lol maybe. I just would have thought someone who could jump like that would dunk it more than once every couple games and would try it in more contested situations. Part of that might be the role he had in our offense that year I guess. Plus he wasn’t a knock down shooter so opponents probably played him for the drive a lot. 🤷‍♂️

I think Dal is being a bit dramatic, but basically Dollander was dealing in the 1st game of our 7-inning double header. It was 1-1 in the bottom of the 6th and Tony pulled him with a runner on first for Burns who immediately gave up 5 runs.

Bad decision. But don’t think it’s the same as a post-season game.

I think Dal is being a bit dramatic, but basically Dollander was dealing in the 1st game of our 7-inning double header. It was 1-1 in the bottom of the 6th and Tony pulled him with a runner on first for Burns who immediately gave up 5 runs.

If they lose game three and lose the series it will be the reason we lose in the post season. It’s a crucial game and an idiotic mistake. You can’t foul it in baseball.

If they lose game three and lose the series it will be the reason we lose in the post season. It’s a crucial game and an idiotic mistake. You can’t foul it in baseball.

There is not 1 single game in the regular season that you can point to and say “that’s the reason why we didn’t host.” South Carolina has been a Top 10 team almost all season. Getting swept by a terrible Mizzou team has far more to do with us not hosting than this series does.

Regardless, even if we win Game 3 we’re not hosting. We’ve got the lowest RPI of any of the 9 SEC teams jockeying for a hosting spot and we’ve finished 9th in the SEC. This team isn’t hosting unless they win Hoover. We screwed that up at multiple points throughout the season.

Reactions: berryvol

Bringing in Burns doesn't seem like a radical decision, though. Certainly not in comparison. Hindsight is 20/20, but if Burns comes in and shuts them down, no one bats an eyelash.

Reactions: Orange.
Bringing in Burns doesn't seem like a radical decision, though. Certainly not in comparison. Hindsight is 20/20, but if Burns comes in and shuts them down, no one bats an eyelash.

Had Dollander looked tired it would’ve been different. He very easily could’ve pitched the rest of the game. It was an ignorant move.

In basketball terms, it’s like taking out a player who has just went on his own 8-0 run.

It certainly is a situation where your feelings entirely depend on the outcome. I wouldn’t have done it because Dollander was pitching lights out, but it’s not the most egregious decision I’ve seen Tony have with pitching. It just didn’t work out.

Turns out the TV commentators were wrong. Shocking. We weren’t locked into the 9-seed. We’re the 7-seed. Still think we need to make it to the semi-finals in Hoover to host, but we’ll see how things play out.

Reactions: berryvol
Turns out the TV commentators were wrong. Shocking. We weren’t locked into the 9-seed. We’re the 7-seed. Still think we need to make it to the semi-finals in Hoover to host, but we’ll see how things play out.

He corrected that statement and said we still could wind up at 7 or 8 depending on other games.

VN Store

Back