The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

He is definitely one of the best Vols of this century, and I think he belongs somewhere in your tier list. I remember thinking to myself at several points in his career that he didn't seem like he was giving 100%. That's not to say he was bad or ineffective, I just questioned his work ethic and hustle. Of course, his time was over a decade ago, and we all, as fans, are now wiser than we were at that time. I very well may be giving an unfair assessment, but my initial reaction is that, considering the rest of the list, tier 2 is too high. Also, if we're calling him tier 2, then Alexander has to be not too far behind that position imo.

I agree with this. My memory (which is admittedly getting fuzzier by the day) is that Chism had kind of the same issue we've seen with JJJ and ORN - when he was good, he was great, but sometimes he'd disappear for games or stretches of games. Still, he was a massive part of Pearl's early success.

I agree with this. My memory (which is admittedly getting fuzzier by the day) is that Chism had kind of the same issue we've seen with JJJ and ORN - when he was good, he was great, but sometimes he'd disappear for games or stretches of games. Still, he was a massive part of Pearl's early success.

Your post reminded me of something.

He carried us to our only sweet 16 victory in school history. Had a 20+ point double-double against Evan Turner’s Ohio State squad.

Your post reminded me of something.

He carried us to our only sweet 16 victory in school history. Had a 20+ point double-double against Evan Turner’s Ohio State squad.

Indeed he did. Just looked this up for funsies: he was our leading scorer in the Michigan State Elite 8 loss. 13 points. 5-9 from the field, 3-4 from three. Only 3 boards and 1 assist, though.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
TN still needs to get 3 outs, but it was an amazing top of the 9th rally by the Vols. Down 2-4 to Clemson. 2 outs. 2 base runners. 3 run homer by Zane Dento for the 5-4 lead.

Clemson’s bottom of the order is up. Bottom of the 9th. Lead off double. Ruh, roh.

If TN can win Sunday night or Monday, the tickets at Lyndsey Nelson next weekend will be in the high hundreds each day. Maybe even $1,000.

They should put it on the big screen at Neyland, the TBA, or Vol Village.

Need to pick up another win first however.

Clemson used 10 pitchers and plays tomorrow at noon. Hopefully they’d be out of gas Sunday night and Monday if necessary.

Reactions: ArdentVol
They should put it on the big screen at Neyland, the TBA, or Vol Village.

Need to pick up another win first however.

Clemson used 10 pitchers and plays tomorrow at noon. Hopefully they’d be out of gas Sunday night and Monday if necessary.
Several of those guys only threw a few pitches and could be available tomorrow. The problem is they have to deal with a decent Charlotte team first.

I get your point, but Chism doesn't deserve the comparisons to those players. Chism was flat out better at playing NCAA bball than either of them by a healthy margin. His problem, imo, was just not being able to stay in 5th gear for forty minutes every game, not that he would disappear for any notable amount of time. Regardless, his shortcomings were nowhere near the detriment of James and Nkamhuoa's.

Incredible game. Nerve wracking game. You all know me so you know I was a wreck during all those extra innings 😂 I admit I doubted this team had the chops to beat the Tigers but hell yeah what a performance in relief by Burns and Halvy. Incredible. One more win!!

What camp or organization Mashack Aidoo and Dillione been at? Seems like all I’ve seen on their instagram the last couple weeks is then training together. Love it, just didn’t know any details about it

Last edited:
What camp or organization Mashack Aidoo and Dillione been at? Seems like all I’ve seen on their instagram the last couple weeks is then training together. Love it, just didn’t know any details about it

Looks Like Darren Collison Pro Skills Camp. Dillione and Mashack Backcourt is gonna be nutz next year! Looks like Shack been hitting the ball handling hard there . And when Z comes back SHEESH

VN Store

Back