The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Last sentence of the SI evaluation of the Cason Wallace selection is interesting...

The Thunder move up to land arguably the best non-Wembanyama defensive prospect in the draft. Wallace’s offensive game was somewhat inconsistent at Kentucky, but he was forced into difficult situations on a team with limited floor spacing. He’s outstanding at the point of attack on the defensive end though, projecting as a guy who can pick up top point and shooting guards throughout the league. Plus, Kentucky guards have often overperformed their draft position in the NBA under John Calipari.

Congrats to Julian! 35th was about where I thought he'd land when the season production ended up being what it was. His physical size/talent was going to get him drafted regardless of what he did on the court, but had he had a season like Miller had he could have pushed himself into a lottery pick.

Tbf I’m assuming you may know a lot of Vol-Celtics fans. A lot of Celtics fans really have bagged on Grant this season
Boston fans kinda bag on all their players. Seems like a miserable place to play. I’ll be kinda happy if he moves on and I don’t have any reason to root for them anymore.

Reactions: Vol49er
Huh? That's not what I hear from Celtic fans that I know.
Sometime a fresh start helps seemed like the Miami series he was the scapegoat over the Jimmy Butler thing.Dallas with Luka And Kyrie good spot they need spotup three point shooter and Lord knows he would help their defense.

Tbf I’m assuming you may know a lot of Vol-Celtics fans. A lot of Celtics fans really have bagged on Grant this season
Nope. I am the only Vols-Celts fan I know. Lived in Mass most of my life before escaping to Tenn. Friends and family from Mass generally like Grant. They appreciate a guy who hustles and plays defense. Now the sports writers - they are a different story. They can be brutal.

Nope. I am the only Vols-Celts fan I know. Lived in Mass most of my life before escaping to Tenn. Friends and family from Mass generally like Grant. They appreciate a guy who hustles and plays defense. Now the sports writers - they are a different story. They can be brutal.
Fair enough. A lot of fans I see online are brutal, but maybe that’s not representative

Has Punter quietly had the most euro success of any UT player? He's been a killer for Partizan.
I don't know who has had the most success overseas, but I can tell you John Fields is has not stopped playing since he was here. He's primarily been in Asia, currently in Taiwan.

VN Store

Back