The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The interior rebounding will also help our bigs be more consistent scorers than Nkamhoua was, all 3 of the guys we have now aren't looking to be stretch 4s that shoot fall aways and 3s for the bulk of their shots.

This. I never understood why ON was allowed to almost exclusively shoot fade aways which, imo, is clearly what made him so inconsistent.

Jefferson is not good at attacking. He has great length and great hops. But his finishes are only when it's a blow-by or transition.

This. I listed players that can take it from the arc to the rim...not all of them can finish with a dunk Admiral style but they have all shown an ability to at least be able to get a shot at the rim on their own dribbling.

DJ Jefferson isn't going to get a ton of PT this season, I think he's got great potential and size but he clearly isn't going to be an option to play the 1 and with Knecht, Mashack, and JJJ on the roster it'll be difficult to find minutes for DJ at the 3 or 4 imo. Next season I think he's got the potential to have a huge coming out party (in year 3, which is typical for Barnes developmental guys). He is a fantastic young man from all accounts and has really embraced the Vol's culture and the area so I think he's excited for his opportunity even if it may not come until next season.

Bulk of the minutes after these first 3 exhibition games I'd project like below.

Guards: Freddie, Santi, Gainey, ZZ, Mashack
Forwards: JJJ, Aidoo, Awaka, Knecht, JP

The versatility of Mashack, JJJ, and Knecht to play 2-4 will limit minutes for JP and DJ I think. The positive spin for some of the younger guys is that we have 3 5th year players who won't be back next season and a guy in Freddie who could leave early so minutes for the future will be available.

Carr & Cade likely Redshirt and then I would say JP and DJ are the bottom two in mpg if the team stays relatively healthy.

We are officially a Top 15 basketball program according to KenPom. Would be nice to secure an elusive Final Four at some point, but other than the extreme negaVols it’s hard for anyone to deny the exceptional job Barnes has done in making this program relevant.

Indiana 24 surprises me

We are officially a Top 15 basketball program according to KenPom. Would be nice to secure an elusive Final Four at some point, but other than the extreme negaVols it’s hard for anyone to deny the exceptional job Barnes has done in making this program relevant.

With the Wade and KO records rolling off it makes sense. Buzz will be at the start of the 25 year window pretty soon which could drop us into the 20s. We could crack the top 10 when starting with Bruce in 2005-06.

With the Wade and KO records rolling off it makes sense. Buzz will be at the start of the 25 year window pretty soon which could drop us into the 20s. We could crack the top 10 when starting with Bruce in 2005-06.
Oh I missed it was a 25 year window. I figured it was just weighted towards recent times

Reactions: berryvol
Interesting. Basilio hates Satkowiak (he'd likely feign indifference, but he passive-aggressively rips him on the show often), so it will be interesting to see how he spins it vs what actually happened.
Correct, they feud quite often lol. He did provide a backstory that I can't recall the exact details, so I won't spread misinformation. However, he did say that Barnes "is devastated as Tom is his guy. Barnes is telling people he might only have a season left." Said that Danny White knew that Satkowiak is bad for business.

Reactions: berryvol
Interesting. Basilio hates Satkowiak (he'd likely feign indifference, but he passive-aggressively rips him on the show often), so it will be interesting to see how he spins it vs what actually happened.

What is this post in response to? Did I miss a post from someone I have on ignore maybe.

Correct, they feud quite often lol. He did provide a backstory that I can't recall the exact details, so I won't spread misinformation. However, he did say that Barnes "is devastated as Tom is his guy. Barnes is telling people he might only have a season left." Said that Danny White knew that Satkowiak is bad for business.
Barnes might only have a season left, or Tom may only have a season left?

Yeah, Barnes, after a lifetime at Providence, Clemson, Texas and Tennessee is going to retire pettily over a loss of a SID he liked. Makes sense🤭
Could be a culmination of things. NIL, Transfer Portal, age and wanting to spend time with family. Satkowiak could just be a small part of it. Again, he said that he doesn’t truly believe that.

Could be a culmination of things. NIL, Transfer Portal, age and wanting to spend time with family. Satkowiak could just be a small part of it. Again, he said that he doesn’t truly believe that.
I'm not going the route of speculating as to a comment made by an attention seeking host, speculating from his left hip

VN Store

Back