The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Whatever happened to:

BigZiti (last seen 5 years ago)

BruinVol (lives in the Baseball Forum)

SeniorDrill (Last post was over 5 years ago. “Last seen” 10/16/2022 - did he actually work at BassPro?)

CatBone (gone for 6 months)

Kasongor (Ray Kasongo’s NBA agent?)

AuntieDee (last post was 9/18/2019, last seen 9/12/2020 - pretty much went away after McGhee quit)

Who are the trolls that only show up to trash UT during the season?

Who else is MIA?

Last edited:
Whatever happened to:

BigZiti (last seen 5 years ago)

BruinVol (lives in the Baseball Forum)

SeniorDrill (Last post was over 5 years ago. “Last seen” 10/16/2022 - did he actually work at BassPro?)

CatBone (gone for 6 months)

Kasongor (Ray Kasongo’s NBA agent?)

AuntieDee (last post was 9/18/2019, last seen 9/12/2020 - pretty much went away after McGhee quit)

Who are the trolls that only show up to trash UT during the season?

Who else is MIA?

Not many of those are missed.

I actually found Bruin to be tolerable once you accept sometimes he just contrarian for the sake of it and don’t let it get to you lol
He is definitely that among other things. Bruin has an innate ability to draw you in with just the right amount of logic, but then completely flip you with some irrational tangent.

I’m impressed that you can win “Bruins” in the BBF. I think that I have earned a few of them for my mantle shelf.

AuntieDee was McGhee’s mama bear. She was nice, but don’t say anything bad about Jabari and expect no pushback.

SeniorDrill was fun with his love of DonnieBall and the Tyndall Terror D.

Reactions: The Dog
Bruin of 2023 is not the Bruin of yesteryear. Bruin has always been a bit of a hard head but if you listened to and read some of the things he has said in the baseball forum this summer during his triumphant return I can’t imagine anyone actually enjoying his contributions. It’s been miserable. One of the most negative people I’ve listened to. Thing is he didn’t used to be quite this way.

Reactions: GenRRN and Ryno14
Bruin of 2023 is not the Bruin of yesteryear. Bruin has always been a bit of a hard head but if you listened to and read some of the things he has said in the baseball forum this summer during his triumphant return I can’t imagine anyone actually enjoying his contributions. It’s been miserable. One of the most negative people I’ve listened to. Thing is he didn’t used to be quite this way.

Oh I was not aware of that

Oh I was not aware of that

Yeah he’s been hanging out exclusively in the baseball forum this summer in a brief return to Vol Nation. There has been quite a bit of “Bruin vs. The World” over there with him pissing off just about everyone. Which is wild because typically the baseball forum is one of the least aggressive places on this website, but Bruin knew what buttons to push to get people mad.

He’s basically admitted that he doesn’t consider himself a Tennessee fan, has accused Vitello of not caring about the kids he coaches, and just generally a bunch of garbage with no basis in fact.

I’m impressed that you can win “Bruins” in the BBF. I think that I have earned a few of them for my mantle shelf.

AuntieDee was McGhee’s mama bear. She was nice, but don’t say anything bad about Jabari and expect no pushback.

SeniorDrill was fun with his love of DonnieBall and the Tyndall Terror D.

Sr. Drill had to be someone very close to Tyndall and maybe one and the same

Who wants to go in together on a Volnation Luxury Suite at TBA?

I think we can get a 10 seater for $50k

That’s $5k a person to get season tickets for men and women.

Who is in?
I’ve actually thought about this with a group of friends, because iirc you also get access to every single event there, so every concert, sports event etc you get access to. Which for $5k is a really good deal.

Who wants to go in together on a Volnation Luxury Suite at TBA?

I think we can get a 10 seater for $50k

That’s $5k a person to get season tickets for men and women.

Who is in?
I’ve actually thought about this with a group of friends, because iirc you also get access to every single event there, so every concert, sports event etc you get access to. Which for $5k is a really good deal.
I'm in, just cover me and I'll pay you all off by March

Vols ranked #5 in the athletic preseason poll

The Volunteers were a top-six team in most metrics a season ago because of stifling defense and a veteran group that bullied the opposition. In 2023-24, that same level of experience and at least a similar level of defensive continuity should exist. Seven of the team’s top nine players figure to be juniors or seniors. But whereas last season was typically a dog fight, this season the Vols have substantially upgraded their offensive firepower.

Senior transfer Dalton Knecht averaged 20 points per game last season at Northern Colorado, and has transitioned seamlessly into the Vols’ attack based on his standout performances during the team’s European trip. Redshirt freshman Freddie Dilione V was similarly terrific overseas and blends scoring and passing at a terrific level for a young, 6-foot-5 guard. And after shooting only 32 percent from 3 last season, Tennessee went into the portal and added Jordan Gainey (son of Vols’ assistant Justin Gainey), an absolute sharpshooter who drilled 41 percent of his 3s in his two years at USC Upstate. Don’t sleep on improvement from Tobe Awaka, who had a great summer with the United States U19 World Cup team. Tennessee also has two recruits in Cam Carr and J.P Estrella that we think would be good enough to play this season, but we’re just not sure where the minutes will come from on a team this deep.

That’s all about the newcomers, though. The backbone of this team is still upperclass returnees Santiago Vescovi, Josiah-Jordan James, Zakai Zeigler, and Jonas Aidoo. If Zeigler can return from the torn ACL he suffered on Feb. 28, this team will have every piece necessary to cut down the nets. But what Rick Barnes and company have done is build a roster that won’t be reliant upon that, either. This team is truly loaded.

Anybody with access care to share what the other SEC schools were rated in the top 25? Sounds like Arkansas, Texas AM and Aubrun all have solid teams this season.

Sure, they have:

16: Kentucky
21: Texas A&M
24: Auburn

Arkansas is not included and Vecenie said this in the comments:

Yeah…don’t love all of the transfers they brought in. Worried about how all of that meshes, plus want to see more on how Brazile looks coming back from the injury.

VN Store

Back