The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Can you link to the previous post? I can’t seem to find it.

Awaka: concussion protocol

ZZ: still rehabbing

Estrella: broken finger

DJ: not meeting requirements and being held out of practice - “DJ Jefferson has missed the last couple of practices because Barnes said he's not living up to the standards of the program.”

Won’t share details but confirmed the DJ situation isn’t a major deal, still disappointing that a 2nd year guy put himself in that spot but he should be fine.
Any similarities to the issues Admiral had as an underclassman? Seems like he had a come to Jesus meeting with Barnes if I remember correctly.

Any similarities to the issues Admiral had as an underclassman? Seems like he had a come to Jesus meeting with Barnes if I remember correctly.

The story is that Admiral was not applying himself and was not responding to CRB and staff so CRB, knowing his father was a highly disciplined Navy officer, invited Admiral's dad to watch a practice from the box suites unbeknownst to Admiral. Admiral's dad watched his son's behavior/effort during practice and then CRB brought him down for a meeting with Admiral after practice when, supposedly, Admiral's dad laid into Admiral (even telling CRB he had permission to discipline Admiral however he saw fit) and the rest is history.

The story is that Admiral was not applying himself and was not responding to CRB and staff so CRB, knowing his father was a highly disciplined Navy officer, invited Admiral's dad to watch a practice from the box suites unbeknownst to Admiral. Admiral's dad watched his son's behavior/effort during practice and then CRB brought him down for a meeting with Admiral after practice when, supposedly, Admiral's dad laid into Admiral (even telling CRB he had permission to discipline Admiral however he saw fit) and the rest is history.
Need a video of this.

Was reading Lindy’s magazine. They have Tennessee at No. 5. When describing the team’s defense, Lindy’s said teams would be checking for blood in their urine after playing the Vols.

Thought that was a cheap shot. Tennessee is not a dirty team.
That doesn’t insinuate dirty, it just means it’s a physical style.

Last edited:
Was reading Lindy’s magazine. They have Tennessee at No. 5. When describing the team’s defense, Lindy’s said teams would be checking for blood in their urine after playing the Vols.

Thought that was a cheap shot. Tennessee is not a dirty team.

I definitely think you're reading too much into that. Literally not at all what I thought when I read that quote. In fact, I thought it was pretty awesome.

I definitely think you're reading too much into that. Literally not at all what I thought when I read that quote. In fact, I thought it was pretty awesome.

You’re probably right. Guess I just remember sports media last season ripping Tennessee for its play.

If that turns out to be true we should be really, really good..March is obviously a crap shoot, but adding an offensive player better than anyone else on the roster (Vescovi is really good), would take us to another level. We’ve been a consistent Top 10-15 team largely based on Top 2 defense and an offense more in the Top 40-50 range, if Knecht is that good that should result in a Top 20 offense.

If that turns out to be true we should be really, really good..March is obviously a crap shoot, but adding an offensive player better than anyone else on the roster (Vescovi is really good), would take us to another level. We’ve been a consistent Top 10-15 team largely based on Top 2 defense and an offense more in the Top 40-50 range, if Knecht is that good that should result in a Top 20 offense.
What’s with this “if it turns out to be true” business as I thought you were the “well embedded mole”?

VN Store

Back