The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I don't think Barnes was very happy with his play and attitude/leadership. He sat on the bench for the majority of the 2nd half in his warm-ups. I think he's having trouble adjusting to his new role and perhaps is regretting the decision to come back. JJJ seems to be the anti-Vescovi, right now.

I applauded Santi's team-first attitude earlier this year, but he really showed a lack of leadership in a game where his team needed someone to step up and show some pride.

Well said. I would hate for Santi to go out with a whimper, so I hope he figures it out. We also need him now more than ever. Knecht isn’t going to play for quite some time, so if there was ever a moment for Santi to be a 5th-year senior leader that sparks his team it’s now or never. We will not survive against NC State and Illinois if Santi doesn’t get his act together and be a leader.

Rob Lewis said Barnes didn’t seem to overally concerned about knecht. Gives a little hope.
Don’t play for 6 days. Hopefully get 2 out of 3 between Dillone, Tobe, and Knecht are back.
I'm not sure you'll see Dilione for a couple more weeks, probably a month.

At this point, we’re 4-3 and we’ve lost our best player for some time. I don’t think it’s overreacting to say that this is a very important stretch of the season. These next 4 weeks are big. The schedule lightens up a bit, you get a lot of games at home before conference play.

George Mason
Illinois
Georgia Southern
NC State (N)
Tarleton State
Norfolk State

We really need to go 6-0 there but 5-1 at worst is what you can afford to do. Even without Knecht, team has a lot of talent and I don’t think it’s asking for much to go 5-0 at home and win a single neutral site game against a middle of the road ACC team.

If we don’t go 5-1, we might be in for a disappointing season. Really need to find ourselves and build an identity as a team.

At this point, we’re 4-3 and we’ve lost our best player for some time. I don’t think it’s overreacting to say that this is a very important stretch of the season. These next 4 weeks are big. The schedule lightens up a bit, you get a lot of games at home before conference play.

George Mason
Illinois
Georgia Southern
NC State (N)
Tarleton State
Norfolk State

We really need to go 6-0 there but 5-1 at worst is what you can afford to do. Even without Knecht, team has a lot of talent and I don’t think it’s asking for much to go 5-0 at home and win a single neutral site game against a middle of the road ACC team.

If we don’t go 5-1, we might be in for a disappointing season. Really need to find ourselves and build an identity as a team.
They shouldn’t lose a game.

They shouldn’t lose a game.

Shouldn’t, but there are quite a few question marks on the offensive side of the ball. I’m not concerned about the defense. It’s 1 game. But you need a lot more from Santi and Gainey and Zeiglar has to find his shot again. Outside of JJJ, I can’t say I’m terribly confident in anyone shooting the ball right now. JJJ does look very good though.

Shouldn’t, but there are quite a few question marks on the offensive side of the ball. I’m not concerned about the defense. It’s 1 game. But you need a lot more from Santi and Gainey and Zeiglar has to find his shot again. Outside of JJJ, I can’t say I’m terribly confident in anyone shooting the ball right now. JJJ does look very good though.
I’m not worried about Gainey. He has that if I miss 10, I’m going to make the next one mentality. He ain’t scared to shoot it. Need that. Shots will start falling again. JJJ was nice to see. ZZ will get there.
Santi tho, idk what’s going on with him man…

Reactions: PKT_VOL
Illinois, if Knecht is out, is going to he tough. Same with NC State. I can't say I expect 6-0 if he's out for that stretch, but I'd be disappointed if we couldn't manage 5-1.

If we can’t go 1-1 at worst against those two teams, I’ll start to get concerned. We should have enough experience and talent to go 2-0 so 0-2 would be a killer.

Reactions: berryvol
Whew. Obviously not out of the woods until he gets a scan, but this is very encouraging. Hopefully the look on his face was just initial shock and fear - it can feels like your ankle is falling off your body when you roll it on someone’s foot like that.
Probably disappointment, as well. They were making a run and he was the biggest part of it. The competitor in him probably hated to miss the final 4 minutes.

Probably disappointment, as well. They were making a run and he was the biggest part of it. The competitor in him probably hated to miss the final 4 minutes.
Yeah. Doubt we win, but we had a great shot at getting it within a possession with the way he was playing. On a personal side for him too, he almost certainly gets 40 if he doesn’t go down. That had to suck too.

Whew. Obviously not out of the woods until he gets a scan, but this is very encouraging. Hopefully the look on his face was just initial shock and fear - it can feels like your ankle is falling off your body when you roll it on someone’s foot like that.
Shew needed that update. Maybe I can sleep now. Like you said not out of the woods, but that’s a good sign. I figured grade 3 sprain, probably woulda’t be walking around on it like that if that was the case though!

Yeah. Doubt we win, but we had a great shot at getting it within a possession with the way he was playing. On a personal side for him too, he almost certainly gets 40 if he doesn’t go down. That had to suck too.

If he stayed in the game and hits both those free throws (like Aidoo did), it’s a 6 point game and I think we would have potentially been able to pull it off. After he went out no one could hit a shot. Probably don’t win, but I’d feel pretty good about a 6 point deficit with 2 min left and the ball in Knecht’s hands. UNC got almost all of their points from the foul line the last 6 minutes of the game.

What is the deal with Vescovi?

Saw on twitter where Barnes made a pretty critical statement about him not coming off the bench.

Hopefully it’s not an attitude issue.

VN Store

Back