The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I’m watching SMU for the first time this year. He’s getting decent playing time, but man B.J. Edwards just doesn’t have it. Just watched him air ball a floater on his drive to the basket. He plays the 2 for them now. Doesn’t even bring the bal up the court. I’m not really sure how much he is offering them. A starting shooting guard averaging 4.8 PPG.

I’m watching SMU for the first time this year. He’s getting decent playing time, but man B.J. Edwards just doesn’t have it. Just watched him air ball a floater on his drive to the basket. He plays the 2 for them now. Doesn’t even bring the bal up the court. I’m not really sure how much he is offering them. A starting shooting guard averaging 4.8 PPG.

Hard to believe he was a 4* player on most recruiting services.

The days of VN drive by posters solving our offensive issues by claiming that BJE should be starting are days I hope never come again.

BJ's not a PG??? Here's my surprised face 😐

Going on a limb here, we are staring at very possible 15-3 SEC record. We
will beat Ky or Bama at their place. (most likely not Rupp)

I don't think anybody is going 15-3 this year. The league is not great but it's deep enough to give every team a bunch of tough road games. We have played two. Lost one and somehow survived the other. I think 14-4 wins it this year. 13-5 might put us in a tie. Like someone said, hold serve at home. There always seems to be that one game that we drop against an inferior team at home that comes out of nowhere.

Reactions: orangemadam
I don't think anybody is going 15-3 this year. The league is not great but it's deep enough to give every team a bunch of tough road games. We have played two. Lost one and somehow survived the other. I think 14-4 wins it this year. 13-5 might put us in a tie. Like someone said, hold serve at home. There always seems to be that one game that we drop against an inferior team at home that comes out of nowhere.
I don’t think 13-5 puts you in a tie. I’m just being honest, I don’t see how Auburn loses 4 more SEC games. If they beat Miss State and Ole Miss on the road, I think they’re 14-4 at the very worst.

Reactions: berryvol
It could happen, but I’m definitely not expecting it. Besides winning a game we aren’t expected to, we’d also have to be perfect and not drop one we shouldn’t, which if a really tall task in CBB.

Reactions: orangemadam
I don’t think 13-5 puts you in a tie. I’m just being honest, I don’t see how Auburn loses 4 more SEC games. If they beat Miss State and Ole Miss on the road, I think they’re 14-4 at the very worst.
We’ll find out soon on Auburn, their toughest stretch is coming up…
@ Bama L
@ MSST
vs. Vandy
@ Ole Miss
vs. Bama
@ Florida

Then 6 of their last 7 they’re likely double digit favorites with the 1 they aren’t being their game here in Knoxville. As you said it’s hard to see worse than 14-4 for them, which could make our H2H huge with them.

VN Store

Back