The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

We’ll find out soon on Auburn, their toughest stretch is coming up…
@ Bama L
@ MSST
vs. Vandy
@ Ole Miss
vs. Bama
@ Florida

Then 6 of their last 7 they’re likely double digit favorites with the 1 they aren’t being their game here in Knoxville. As you said it’s hard to see worse than 14-4 for them, which could make our H2H huge with them.
I don’t see them being -10+ at home against UK. They’ll absolutely be favored barring injuries or some huge 180 from both teams, but I’d be surprised at double digits. That’s a game I could see them struggling in just because of UK’s length.

Reactions: GUNTERSVOL
And Barnes took ridiculous heat by some of our fans for not playing the local kid more. I remember him getting reamed on sports radio last year for not giving BJ more minutes.
I’m not sure Barnes really wanted him in the first place. He just didn’t want to take crap from local fans for not recruiting a “4 star” in his backyard.

I’m not sure Barnes really wanted him in the first place. He just didn’t want to take crap from local fans for not recruiting a “4 star” in his backyard.

Barnes probably wanted him but obviously he wasn’t progressing in practice like he wanted.

It was probably a mutual agreement for him to move on.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I don’t see them being -10+ at home against UK. They’ll absolutely be favored barring injuries or some huge 180 from both teams, but I’d be surprised at double digits. That’s a game I could see them struggling in just because of UK’s length.
Auburn’s plenty long with Broome and Cardwell who are both older players instead of the teenagers Kentucky rolls out.

If Kentucky doesn’t fix their defense, they will end up with at least 5 losses in conference.

@ Auburn
@ Tennessee

And then likely 1 more of their tougher home games. I also wouldn’t put it past Mark Few, who is a better coach than Cal, to beat the Cats. Gonzaga needs a signature win if they want to be an at-large team that doesn’t have to depend on winning their conference tournament.

Auburn’s plenty long with Broome and Cardwell who are both older players instead of the teenagers Kentucky rolls out.
Mostly referring to the guards. KD, Holloway, DJ, and Donaldson are all smaller and, outside of KD, none of them are really athletic enough to score around defenders at will. I agree in the post, Broome should have an advantage there, as he would against all but 4-5 guys in the country.

Today he said that he “loved” Bruce because he drank some beer with him and then he took his mandatory, ignorant shot at Barnes. He might be the dumbest caller on the radio. Certainly one of the drunkest.

Seriously, does that dude just drink all day every day and call in to every Fan Run Radio show with his hot takes about Barnes and Heupel?

Barttorvik currently has it -11.9, KP has it like 10.8

Barttorvik currently has it -11.9, KP has it like 10.8
I’m assuming a little here, but I think Kentucky likely improves at least incrementally on D by then. Also assuming there will be some UK bias baked into the line. Big game lines typically aren’t a copy/paste of KP like some of the smaller games are - I’d think they’d want and maybe need to encourage some Kentucky money into the market.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m assuming a little here, but I think Kentucky likely improves at least incrementally on D by then. Also assuming there will be some UK bias baked into the line. Big game lines typically aren’t a copy/paste of KP like some of the smaller games are - I’d think they’d want and maybe need to encourage some Kentucky money into the market.
Splitting hairs, but yes probably true, overall point remains though.

I don’t think 13-5 puts you in a tie. I’m just being honest, I don’t see how Auburn loses 4 more SEC games. If they beat Miss State and Ole Miss on the road, I think they’re 14-4 at the very worst.
Maybe, they do have a weak schedule. 14-4 has higher odds than 13-5

Annual rant: it will always be so weird to me how much the national basketball media hates Rick Barnes and Tennessee. Obviously it’s a great driver for them when we’re good in football so we get a lot of coverage, but in hoops, I never see a national guy miss a chance to disparage our team.

Typically hate Field of 68 because they (mostly) embody this, but saw where we were in their title for the weekend’s episode. Flipped it on just to hear some CBB breakdowns. Starts off with a glowing Bruce Pearl interview, followed by them talking about just about every other good (and average) P6 team. They finally get to Tennessee beating Alabama by 20 and all it is is fatass John Fanta and idiot Goodman openly saying they hate Tennessee, would never buy stock in them, Knecht doesn’t really change anything, etc, etc, etc. They then quickly change the subject to Duke, where they all did a spin zone about how their loss at home to Pitt didn’t matter because Roach was out.

Just an annoyed vent, I know most everyone in here feels the same. Eff the national media, I hope Barnes gets a chance to shove it down their throats in a few months.

Also, shoutout Rob Dauster for standing up and buying some Vols F4 stock.
Winning cures all so hopefully TN serves a big plate of “crow” around 11pm on April 8th.

It is a weak class, supposedly, but that would certainly be something. He's been a fringe 1st-rounder up to this point. Not sure whether his profile has jumped that quickly or if this is some JWill hyperbole.

Hyperbole as of today. Maybe Jay is assuming Knecht keeps up this heater the rest of the year (although I doubt it) and that is where he is getting Top 5 from. Because if he averages 25 PPG in conference play then, sure, he’ll go Top 5. But I think he’ll cool off a bit.

But yeah right now I think he’s more of a fringe lottery pick then a sure fire top of the draft guy.

VN Store

Back