The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Drinkwitz trash talking at the Tennessee bench was confirmed during the game by the Mizzou homer announcer, who accidentally documented it by bragging about it and praising it on air when it happened. It was really weak and biased for the network not to show it at that point, since their own crew saw it happen.
I kept trying to find it, any idea what point of the game that was? I don’t mind Tom Hart, tbh. I don’t think speaking about positive things a team does makes one a homer but I think it feels that way if our team is not playing well.

I kept trying to find it, any idea what point of the game that was? I don’t mind Tom Hart, tbh. I don’t think speaking about positive things a team does makes one a homer but I think it feels that way if our team is not playing well.

I can't remember when it was but I remember it happening. It was when Missouri was pushing towards their biggest lead/when they were playing well I think but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Reactions: OrangeInKy
I wasn’t wrong though, nobody in their right mind uses PPG to determine how good an offense or defense is.

Team Defense is literally sorted by PPG on ESPN and NCAA websites. The advanced metrics YOU applied aren't the typical methodology being used.

But rather than just saying you applied your own subjective assumptions to MY post you want to challenge me as if I'm doing something wrong or I'm now not in my right mind.

ESPN:
1708716432882.png

NCAA:
1708716561159.png

So to me it's a safer assumption that the generic method being used by ESPN & NCAA is the one I'm referencing, since I didn't specifically state KenPom or Defensive Efficiency or some other advanced methodology.

AND for anyone that actually prefers the KenPom Adjusted Defensive ratings (as of today):

SEC:
1st - Auburn (2nd in scoring defense)
2nd - Tennessee (3rd in scoring defense)
3rd - Mississippi State (4th in scoring defense)
4th - South Carolina (1st in scoring defense)
5th - Texas A&M (5th in scoring defense)

Still 0-3 against the top defensive teams, Bama is still not in the top 5 in league for best defensive team, and we still have to play 3 of these top 5 defensive teams to end the season.

SMH, ok man. Well then Tennessee has the 47th best offense and 57th best defense nationally I guess, send us home now.

Well my ratings were just inside the SEC, but I'm not going to argue with the objective information you're sharing. Again though you still won't just swallow that pride and admit "I was wrong" instead you wanna deflect to some troll tactics.

You wasted so much energy to grab ass with me when you could have simply asked in your first reply "What are you using for these rankings, scoring defense or something else?" I would have clarified that it was only based on points allowed and that would have been the end of it.

Well my ratings were just inside the SEC, but I'm not going to argue with the objective information you're sharing. Again though you still won't just swallow that pride and admit "I was wrong" instead you wanna deflect to some troll tactics.

You wasted so much energy to grab ass with me when you could have simply asked in your first reply "What are you using for these rankings, scoring defense or something else?" I would have clarified that it was only based on points allowed and that would have been the end of it.
I took you as a more knowledgeable poster than one who simply uses points to decide quality of offense/defense, that was my mistake, you’re correct.

VN Store

Back