The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Last year they had 8 on SEC first team, I think we could see 2 Vols maybe but definitely don’t think they’ll do 3.

DK obviously. Aidoo OR ZZ, I think ZZ is more likely because he could end the season leading in steals per game as well as assists per game. Aidoo is in top 5 in rebounds & blocks per game, but not leading in any category as of now.

Chance of getting 2 are pretty low, last yeah all 8 were from different teams.

No order, I’d say these are most likely first teamers.

DK
Sears
Reeves
Broome
Taylor
Clayton Jr.
BJ Mack (although I think Aidoo should get over him, they’ll put a USC Jr guy ahead of a 2nd Vol)
Sean East II (Mizzou is trash, but he’s had a great year)
I could see Tolu Smith over Mack

I could see Tolu Smith over Mack

Same, but I think him finishing with just 19 games will make that difficult with how good South Carolina has been this year. Could see Tolu over East if they want 3 bigs.

It will be pretty guard heavy though, Aidoo is really the 2nd best big in the league. Only Broome has had a better season.

Reactions: walkenvol
Positive the Auburn game will be a painful for some posters.

I've noticed quite a few window lickers for Bruce Pearl on here.

It's not nearly as bad as it used to be, they generally stay away unless Auburn beats UT or they win a big game. If for nothing else, it's been 13 years since he's been UT's coach and he's been Auburn's coach longer than he was at UT. The whole Pearl/UT angle is kind of not even a thing anymore.

Fwiw Pearl did say he practices and looked good, but I’m with you guys, I think it’s more games than anything.

It sounded like a fairly serious injury last Saturday, and while this is important for SEC seeding, I can’t imagine it’s as important as making sure he’s fully healthy for March. Maybe he will play, but certainly feels like a huge risk.

Auburn hasn’t allowed anybody to shoot well against them, even in their losses. They’re #1 in effective FG% (we’re #3, so they’re not likely to shoot well either). In their losses, their opponents have shot okay, but their own shooting is catastrophic. We could definitely make that happen tonight.

Not sure how many have been watching the stats lately, but we’ve really been doing a good job the last 4 games at scoring on 2s. Part of that has been Awaka’s expanded minutes, but also more driving to the rim by our guards as well.

If that continues with the improved shooting from the FT line we can and have been winning without needing much from outside. 3 of our last 4 we hit 7 or less 3s.

The only negative has been our turnovers, 3 of our last 4 we hit 12 or more. So we’re playing faster and getting out in transition which has been good, but need to cleanup the turnovers these last 4 games. Not teams we can give extra possessions to and win.

VN Store

Back