The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Auburn hasn’t allowed anybody to shoot well against them, even in their losses. They’re #1 in effective FG% (we’re #3, so they’re not likely to shoot well either). In their losses, their opponents have shot okay, but their own shooting is catastrophic. We could definitely make that happen tonight.
I think Knecht gets a minimum of 10 free throw attempts , as Auburn fouls a good bit. I’d like to see a lot attacks on the rim. I think JJJ gets a double double tonight.

I think Knecht gets a minimum of 10 free throw attempts , as Auburn fouls a good bit. I’d like to see a lot attacks on the rim. I think JJJ gets a double double tonight.

Can’t settle for the 3 tonight. We need to be aggressive. So, I’m in complete agreement with you. I want us to get downhill and if possible get Broome in foul trouble.

I think our success will be entirely determined by our ability to get to the rim tonight as we haven’t been shooting the 3 well lately and I wouldn’t expect that to change against the best defense in the SEC that isn’t TN.

Can’t settle for the 3 tonight. We need to be aggressive. So, I’m in complete agreement with you. I want us to get downhill and if possible get Broome in foul trouble.

I think our success will be entirely determined by our ability to get to the rim tonight as we haven’t been shooting the 3 well lately and I wouldn’t expect that to change against the best defense in the SEC that isn’t TN.
Yes sir. That’s why I see JJJ and Knecht getting to the rim, and the stripe. Awaka also is really good at getting and 1’s. I don’t want to see us jacking up 3’s, either.

Reactions: knoxvol52

About the JJJ double double I predicted ….

I said the refs weren’t the problem earlier…that was absolutely pathetic officiating giving Auburn the ball. Inexcusably bad. And a huge shift in the game too.

Reactions: Lankykong
Badly want us to get to the F4 this year, not only for coach Barnes, but feels like that would properly get DK historical respect at UT. Don’t want this season to get lost just bc he’s a one year guy. I’ve said it so many times, but gosh we are so lucky to have this guy. Cherish every second.

Badly want us to get to the F4 this year, not only for coach Barnes, but feels like that would properly get DK historical respect at UT. Don’t want this season to get lost just bc he’s a one year guy. I’ve said it so many times, but gosh we are so lucky to have this guy. Cherish every second.

Same. An outright SEC Championship would be nice because they are rare and I'd love our first #1 seed, but I really really want to at least make an EE again and get into the F4. It would get DK said historical respect, give Barnes a second FF and imo cement him as the best coach in UT history. I just want to get over that hump.

I want this team to be the team so badly. Not just because of DK, but because it would be so fitting for ZZ, Santi, and JJJ to be part of the core to get us there.

This team is incredible. I want them to break through.

I want this team to be the team so badly. Not just because of DK, but because it would be so fitting for ZZ, Santi, and JJJ to be part of the core to get us there.

This team is incredible. I want them to break through.
I can't imagine how deflated our fanbase will be, not to mention how insufferable this forum will be if we don't make it to the E8, at least, and likely the F4 with this team.

I can't imagine how deflated our fanbase will be, not to mention how insufferable this forum will be if we don't make it to the E8, at least, and likely the F4 with this team.
I’m prematurely sad, upset, and angry just thinking about the freaking Barnes thread getting bumped in 4 weeks lol

I gotta say, unless we just get a terrible draw, I will be disappointed if we don't win a Sweet 16 game this year. I say this knowing how difficult it is for even the best teams to just make it to the Sweet 16. I will lose my mind if we lose to another mid-major.

I’m not going to lie, it will hurt. I’ll be pretty upset if we don’t make a deep run, but I’ll still appreciate this fun season regardless.

Our tournament opportunity looks real and we are all not doubt excited and hopefully will break on through this year.
That said, Barnes has given our fan base a lot to cheer for and make TN a relevant national contender most years. He recruits well and runs a top notch clean program. Damn happy we have him.

VN Store

Back