The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I think we’ve got some great talent, depth and post depth specifically worries me, not sure we can sustain an injury or 2, but if we can stay healthy it should be another good squad. I think Milic & Okpara are going to be the 2 who folks are most impressed by of the newcomers, Lanier will be good but I just think fans will have unrealistic expectations for him and want to compare him to Knecht which won’t be the case.

I think we’ve got some great talent, depth and post depth specifically worries me, not sure we can sustain an injury or 2, but if we can stay healthy it should be another good squad. I think Milic & Okpara are going to be the 2 who folks are most impressed by of the newcomers, Lanier will be good but I just think fans will have unrealistic expectations for him and want to compare him to Knecht which won’t be the case.
Yeah decent depth 2-4 but ZZ or Felix go down for a stretch things could get dicey.

Awesome. Did he mention Santi?

He did not. I was showing him pics we’ve taken making the point that his players are really great with kids. Got to a pic with JJJ and he said Jo may come back and coach. There were pics with Santi as well, but no such comment.

He did not. I was showing him pics we’ve taken making the point that his players are really great with kids. Got to a pic with JJJ and he said Jo may come back and coach. There were pics with Santi as well, but no such comment.
Being an international player, I’d be shocked if Santi didn’t give playing overseas a go for a while. He also doesn’t have the same injury history as JJJ. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go into coaching eventually, but he’s got more remaining years as a player than JJJ imo.

Best part is having a dude like that to go against in practice should improve the around the rim finishing by the other guys too.

I’m glad to have a low post/5 getting minutes that doesn’t fancy himself as an NBA 3-point shooter that wants to show off his perimeter game. He’s Tobe with better length.

Watching Okpara in those clips makes me look forward to the Arkansas game even more. Aidoo is in trouble
At the risk of sounding like sour grapes, Okpara definitely plays a lot like the guys Aidoo struggled against; strong guys with length who could body him in the paint.

View attachment 681195

While I hate losing Aidoo & Awaka as I enjoyed watching them develop, this new portal era is the new normal and we will continue to see this type movement

It’s easier now to admit that Aidoo didn’t have much dog in his game and Awaka is a relatively short feller in the paint. Not that I wouldn’t mind the 2 open scholarships being used by Aidoo and Tobe, but I like Okpara and Igor in their spots. And Phillips might end up being just as productive as Aidoo would have been.

VN Store

Back