The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough loss but CMO won’t go hitless tomorrow. We were in the same spot last year and won. We got this and we get another game at home this year to enjoy
I think he let yesterday's frustration carry over into today. Add a nagging injury and it is what it is. Mentally, he can snap and clear, but I doubt he's going to get to 100% overnight. Gonna need the other players to step up and fill the void.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Just need to come out with the killer mentality tomorrow. No holding back.

Today's game is over with, so let's find some things to cheer us up.

Georgia is getting donkey whipped. Florida and TAMU are both currently losing as well. And KY plays Oregon State later today and hopefully they get their asses kicked.

Reactions: EasternVol
I think CMo went to the plate with a "gotta be a hero" mentality. I was just hoping for a bloop single. Maybe score a run, maybe not, but get Blake to the plate. You don't always have to have the big hit. I think that's something that has really clicked for Blake this season. Just put the ball in play.

I saw it differently but he did swing at a pitch out of the zone earlier in the count. I think he knew if he got on base any way he could then he could extend the game. I don't know maybe he was swinging for the fence.

Georgia is getting donkey whipped. Florida and TAMU are both currently losing as well. And KY plays Oregon State later today and hopefully they get their asses kicked.
Knowing our luck Kentucky will sweep Oregon State convincingly.

I expect us to come to the park tomorrow fully prepared to win! We have to jump on them and not let up. Everybody from the pitcher to the water boy better be ready to give maximum effort. It’s all or nothing on the line and it’s in our park! Get it done Vols!

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. I've lost faith in this pitching staff.
Zander has been a real surprise this season. If I'm being honest, in a single game, I feel better about him on the bump than anyone else on the roster. He's got that underdog mentality and a drive to prove something. Now he might go out and get shelled, but he's our best, last hope.

You're right, you should coach and develop our pitchers now. Let's see if you can keep us in top 5 ERA every season like we've done the last 5 seasons. One loss chump attitude. That's why it's a 3 game series and we've won 9 straight series going into this tourney. But continue to talk about the games we lost because of pitching lol
Just out of curiosity, could you please tell me what has cost us a Natty these last 5 years?

Knowing our luck Kentucky will sweep Oregon State convincingly.
The only thing we have on Kentucky baseball is the fact they’re the only SEC school that’s never been to Omaha. If they get off the schneid this year, on the same day we fail to get there as the #1 overall for the 2nd time in 3 years, they will rub it in our face until kingdom come. And we’ll have deserved it.

Well, it looked like we came out with a killer mentality today. Just didn’t maintain it.

Need to jump on them and not let up the whole game. Hopefully, it looks like game 3 of the regional against ECU for them….

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back