The Official #1 Tennessee @ Evansville Knoxville Super Regional Game 2 Thread (Sat. June 8th 11AM EST) (ESPN2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now now Schleprock, They have two legitimate pitchers, and spent both yesterday. It will be very hard for them to keep up with our bats today. I agree that they can hit Beam, but we should be able to outscore them with the arms they have left.
Schleprock! You're dating yourself with that reference. Point well taken on the pitching but will our bats show? They're tossing another lefty, no? They're playing for their tournament lives so the 11am start won't be an issue for them. We're probably assuming a walk over this morning. Just sets up for us to get caught half asleep.

Last edited:
Schleprock! You're dating yourself with that reference. Point well taken on the pitching but will our bats show? They're tossing another lefty, no? They're playing for their tournament lives so the 11am start won't be an issue for them. We're probably assuming a walk over this morning. Just sets up for us to get caught half asleep.
Not to mention the proximity to the New Madrid fault.

The Vols know how important today is. Lose and tomorrow becomes an “anything can happen” game. I think we’ll be locked and loaded and there will be nothing but focus for us. What they’ve worked for the whole season and off-season could come to fruition today. I think we’ll be intense.

NCAA Baseball site has an article on yesterday’s game where LNS is referred to as “homely.” Pretty sure the author, Mike Lopresti, intended to same “homey” but meanwhile……..not complimentary. Tennessee baseball's homely confines overshadow Evansville's Cinderella quest in Game 1
I edited my college newspaper back before IBM was Big Blue, so I appreciate how time-consuming proofreading is. But convenience is the gateway drug to mediocrity--and in a technocracy, subservience.

AI language models are out to take your job, young writers, so please own your work from beginning to end. The machines are starting to win.

There's a reason why some people refer to autocorrect as "stupid spell Czech."

Me to Evansville fan in bathroom after the game: “y’all have a good team. Good game.

Him: “yeah, we proved we can play with anyone. If not for the home runs, we’re right there with you.”

I didn’t say anything else.
Well, their RPI did go UP 2 spots after the loss. So they got that going for them.

I think they are in CST, so it will feel like a 10am start for them. Not sure if it matters any but it is notable.

I edited my college newspaper back before IBM was Big Blue, so I appreciate how time-consuming proofreading is. But convenience is the gateway drug to mediocrity--and in a technocracy, subservience.

AI language models are out to take your job, young writers, so please own your work from beginning to end. The machines are starting to win.

There's a reason why some people refer to autocorrect as "stupid spell Czech."
Yeah, put proofreading the title of the article shouldn’t be too burdensome.

Last edited:
Any comments on how many empty seats there appeared to be?

Well, we can expect the Aces to be loose as gooses today.

A team full of super-seniors playing baseball for maybe the last time in their lives? Yeah, they gonna be playin' all out today!

And with no homer-helping wind today, hustle plays will have more impact on the final score. Which team's hits find the gaps may be the determining factor today.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back