The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ee should take bets on uniforms.

I assume we are the road team for first time.

(1) Smoky Gray
(2) Orange with light gray
(3) Dark Modes with light gray

If FSU opts to wear their terrible all-garnet or all-beige/khaki uniforms again, I guess Tennessee could wear anything. I would hope for the

(4) pins

in that case.

Tony has been very superstitious with uniform choices in recent post seasons. A such, I bet we see the Dark Modes again.
I’d love to see orange tops today.

I feel like I'm on an FSU message board. I had to make sure. If you don't think our guys know what is on the line and want to finish this today so they can get to the championship then you are dead wrong. It is all in today for all nine. Some of you are like the guy who sat behind me who was so enamored that they had a guy with 20 home runs. I laughed and said by the way I think we have about 6. The sad part is he was sitting in seats from our administration. He had no clue the names of any of our players. We are the #1 team in the nation. Get on board and lose the negativity. If you don't know, we are the ones in the winner's bracket.
Preach!

For real. You're pretty good at it. You should consider it as a vocation.

😜

Gameday morning's Fickle Forecast of Fate for FSU
1718803890622.png
[data as of 8AM CDT] The rain prediction has changed dramatically back and forth every day since Sunday. So expect that it may change again within the next 6 hours. (Hay harvesters must go crazy up there!)

But the winds and wind directions have held steady in the forecast. I don't know how this stadium effects the wind, but if pitchers can't keep the ball over the outside of the plate against leftys... dongfest could ensue. (Your yardage may vary.)

On the other hand, our lefty batters have shown plenty of ability to take outside pitches opposite field for singles and doubles. So let's hit 'em where they ain't--including Mike Fahey Street!

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone is worried about FSU's offense. UT's is much better against better competition, SEC. There is a reason there were 4 teams in the CWS out of 8. SEC is now a beast in baseball too! I know we won 6-1. But, I would rather take my chances on FSU beating UT twice than UNC. UNC had much better pitching this season. UT gave up 11 earned runs a lot of it due to 9 walks. That won't happen again! They messed up when they didn't close the door the first game. They will not beat UT twice! UNC would have had a better chance due to their pitching. I don't see FSU scoring more than 4 runs tomorrow. UT will score at least 5! UT gets it done and rests until Saturday!!!

Not that I disagree with your overall post, but the bold isn't that solid of an argument when you remember that the ACC also had the other 4 teams make the CWS lol Granted, they should all be but eliminated after today (I hope!)

Everyone worried needs to remember something - we practically gifted them a TOUCHDOWN. We walked NINE batters and had THREE errors. And still overcame all that. We won’t be denied and certainly shouldn’t be intimidated by them.
Correct, may have played the worst game of the season early on a still won.

I feel like I'm on an FSU message board. I had to make sure. If you don't think our guys know what is on the line and want to finish this today so they can get to the championship then you are dead wrong. It is all in today for all nine. Some of you are like the guy who sat behind me who was so enamored that they had a guy with 20 home runs. I laughed and said by the way I think we have about 6. The sad part is he was sitting in seats from our administration. He had no clue the names of any of our players. We are the #1 team in the nation. Get on board and lose the negativity. If you don't know, we are the ones in the winner's bracket.
Preach! Let's go!!!

The present game is the biggest game. And we have the young men to take what belongs to them. Can hardly wait to see this game.

Exactly. I’m willing to bet UT players have been made aware of all the comments marginalizing Friday’s win over the check swing and are highly motivated to prove it wasn’t a gift. That and, you know, wanting to win a National Championship.

FSU can be mad all they want. Mad don’t score runs.
That's what I'm talking about! 🍊 🍊 🍊 Enough BVS already.

Got me wanting to go all Ensley on a brick wall.

Exactly. I’m willing to bet UT players have been made aware of all the comments marginalizing Friday’s win over the check swing and are highly motivated to prove it wasn’t a gift. That and, you know, wanting to win a National Championship.

This 1000 percent

if we hadn't made so many errors on easy plays, then there would have been no talk at all about a check swing.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I have been pitching a little outside this morning...
let's just work through the alphabet and figure this out.... AJ... nope..... Aaron nope Austin...nope Drew...nope Dylan...nope Kirby... nope... Marcus... nope.... really not sure

Fsu's catcher:

"We have the best hitters in the country at the top of our lineup"

"We are the best team in the country and our back is against the wall"

Cool. Be confident. I hope we play our best game tmmrrw.

Ok I can understand having confidence in the team your playing for that has been thriving after they lost to Tennessee on a Friday Night , however best team in the country doesn’t look entirely right because Tennessee is a top dog that found a way to defeat them in a challenging ugly game that had Tennessee making 1 more error, also Tennessee able to score 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th inning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back