The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our offense actually is that much better than theirs and it’s really not even close. This year’s offense has better numbers than the 2022 team, you know the team everyone said was the best ever. And least you forget, Tony already said we are playing with house money since a 1 seed hasn’t won this century. Everyone talking FSU up for no reason. We have 50 more home runs than them, 17 more doubles (but according to some all we do is hit home runs???), 58 more runs scored than them. Not saying we will curb stomp them but it will be a lot closer to the margin of the UNC score than the first meeting with FSU. Just average pitching and we will win by 5+ runs.
Exactly.

They only have a 22.75% of beating us twice, so who would you rather be, us or them?

Our odds of moving on after beating them either this game or the next one are 77.25% which is 3.4 times more likely than them moving on to the championship series.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that FSU is a good team. Everybody left is good. But let's not lose our strut.

FSU was benefitted by a huge number of unforced errors and unearned lucky breaks -- including at least a dozen strikes that were wrongly called balls in their favor, as the ump squeezed our pitching. The ump they cried about for two days. FSU has already used up all of their "karma."

As a result, FSU had a 5-run lead after 4 innings. But they couldn't hold on to it. Why? Because we beat them 8-2 in the final 5 innings of the game.

View attachment 650424

Maybe instead of crying to the television for 2 days about one pitch (that the announcers said looked to have been called correctly from the definitive angle of the base umpire), FSU needs to worry about that 8-2 beatdown.

They are a good and desperate team. We are going to have to take the fight to them for 27 outs. But I like our chances tomorrow.

And most of all, I call 🐂💩 on their "karma" story and the way they conveniently "forget" the entire second half of game 1. I'm not buying their distorted view of events.

Let’s hope. I think we’re good, not like we don’t know what he’s got, but he could throw out of his mind, but I like our chances
It could happen. No doubt. That's a possibility every game.

Let's hope we play a great game. Make the fewest mistakes. And take what belongs to us.

They certainly won't give us anything.

FSU's Offense is really good but they've had bad moments. They lost series to Pitt and where shutout one game. They lost the series to Stetson and the game they won in that series was a 1 to 0 win, so their offense has been shutdown some.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m watching the weather in Omaha on local news…other than stray lightening we should be good to go. That is not to say it won’t rain at all but nothing ya can’t play thru. For the folks there, a reprieve from the heat with temps in the 70’s.

GBO!!!

I’m watching the weather in Omaha on local news…other than stray lightening we should be good to go. That is not to say it won’t rain at all but nothing ya can’t play thru. For the folks there, a reprieve from the heat with temps in the 70’s.

GBO!!!
Yep. Tonight and tomorrow morning look most threatening. We might just luck out and get the games in today. It's critical to put FSU away today. How great it would be to get the win today then sit back and watch everyone else deal with the forecast.

I feel like I'm on an FSU message board. I had to make sure. If you don't think our guys know what is on the line and want to finish this today so they can get to the championship then you are dead wrong. It is all in today for all nine. Some of you are like the guy who sat behind me who was so enamored that they had a guy with 20 home runs. I laughed and said by the way I think we have about 6. The sad part is he was sitting in seats from our administration. He had no clue the names of any of our players. We are the #1 team in the nation. Get on board and lose the negativity. If you don't know, we are the ones in the winner's bracket.

I feel like I'm on an FSU message board. I had to make sure. If you don't think our guys know what is on the line and want to finish this today so they can get to the championship then you are dead wrong. It is all in today for all nine. Some of you are like the guy who sat behind me who was so enamored that they had a guy with 20 home runs. I laughed and said by the way I think we have about 6. The sad part is he was sitting in seats from our administration. He had no clue the names of any of our players. We are the #1 team in the nation. Get on board and lose the negativity. If you don't know, we are the ones in the winner's bracket.
What are you talking about? Pointing out FSU is a good team that could give us some trouble isn’t being negative. We all know the team is gonna be ready and they know what’s at stake. Nobody is saying otherwise. Again, what are you talking about?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
We need to pitch well today, score a few runs, get ahead, and put the pressure on them. Keeping them in check with good
pitching is the ideal scenario.

Preach!!!!

Let's go!!!

Good lord the amount of slobbering over Jamie Arnold is nauseating. But but but he’s struck out 3000 batters this year! 🤣 His last two outings he has gone a combined 10.1 IP, 15 hits allowed (6 extra base hits), 12 runs (9 earned), 4 walks, and 13 strikeouts. Does that sound like top shelf pitching in big time moments? Nope. He is good but he ain’t that good the way the media keeps talking about him. If our pitching has an average game then it’s OVER. Sorry but I don’t trust any pitching staff to hold our offense down. And even if they do it for 1 game, they sure as heck won’t be doing it 2 games. And that is what any team will have to do to our offense from here on out. We will not be shut down for 2 games against one of these teams. The numbers are in our favor.
Even before Friday’s game, Will Heflin on the 247 podcast pointed out that his last four games against quality competition were not good. He had put up good numbers against UConn and some of the lower shelf teams, but against teams like North Carolina and North Carolina State, he had not been very good. Add Friday’s UT game to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back