The Official #1 Tennessee @ FSU CWS Game 3 Thread (Wed. June 19 3:45PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm on an FSU message board. I had to make sure. If you don't think our guys know what is on the line and want to finish this today so they can get to the championship then you are dead wrong. It is all in today for all nine. Some of you are like the guy who sat behind me who was so enamored that they had a guy with 20 home runs. I laughed and said by the way I think we have about 6. The sad part is he was sitting in seats from our administration. He had no clue the names of any of our players. We are the #1 team in the nation. Get on board and lose the negativity. If you don't know, we are the ones in the winner's bracket.
And so it is written.

Amen.

What are you talking about? Pointing out FSU is a good team that could give us some trouble isn’t being negative. We all know the team is gonna be ready and they know what’s at stake. Nobody is saying otherwise. Again, what are you talking about?
He’s talking about the chicken littles in this thread. Seems obvious.

I feel like I'm on an FSU message board. I had to make sure. If you don't think our guys know what is on the line and want to finish this today so they can get to the championship then you are dead wrong. It is all in today for all nine. Some of you are like the guy who sat behind me who was so enamored that they had a guy with 20 home runs. I laughed and said by the way I think we have about 6. The sad part is he was sitting in seats from our administration. He had no clue the names of any of our players. We are the #1 team in the nation. Get on board and lose the negativity. If you don't know, we are the ones in the winner's bracket.

We are the unanimous #1 team in all of college baseball!
We have the most balanced offense and pitching in the nation!
We have the best coaching staff.
We are the regular season and tournament SEC champions
We have 57 freaking wins!
We are the betting favorites
We are the bullies
We are the thing that goes bump in the night.
We are the monster under the bed AND in the closet!
We fear no one- especially not the 3rd place team in a conference that can only beat itself in Omaha.
We are all Muffin Men!
We have a winning record against EVERY team left in the tournament
We have not lost consecutive games in a quarter of a year.
All women worth a damn want to be with us and all men want to be us.
Our players are more talented and more handsome and have a chip on their shoulders.
We run through walls in the second inning for wins.
We are 3 wins from a national title and immortality.
This situation was not thrust upon us. We grabbed it and made it our bitch.
Embrace this moment!
Embrace that we are better than ANYONE right now!
Be cocky!
Let other teams adjust to play us!
We earned this moment, this opportunity, and this championship. A second rate program, with second rate talent, led by second rate coaches, with crappy uniforms and even crappier fans will not take these things from us.

ROCKY TOP!

#WGWTFA

We are the bullies
We fear no one- especially not the 3rd place team in a conference that can only beat itself in Omaha.
We are all Muffin Men!
Our players are more talented and more handsome and have a chip on their shoulders.
Embrace this moment!
Be cocky!
We earned this moment, this opportunity, and this championship. A second rate program, with second rate talent, led by second rate coaches, with crappy uniforms and even crappier fans will not take these things from us.

ROCKY TOP!

#WGWTFA
LFG!!!
Leave no doubt!!!

We are the bullies
We are all Muffin Men!
Embrace this moment!
Be cocky!

ROCKY TOP!

#WGWTFA
I just punched my drywall. Let's go!

I'm working today dagnabit, will avoid all news and settle in and replay it tonight.

Certainly hope we come in and jump on em early and continue to pour on more steam... I'm sure the Seminoles think they need revenge.......

Go Big Orange!

One more storm front passing through in an hour or 2 and it looks like clear sailing after that. I see the first game could be delayed another hour or so pushing us back to 4 or 5:00.

If the game is delayed to about 6:00 or so, I could see the third game tonight being moved to Thursday morning. In the unlikely event the Vols lose today, then UT/FSU if-necessary game would likely be scheduled as the second game tomorrow afternoon with the bracket 2 if-necessary game scheduled for Thursday night. Thus keeping the off day on Friday for both teams. If Vols wrap up bracket today, then bracket 2 games would be a true double-header starting tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: StarRaider
If the Vols play the same kind of clean game as they did putting UNC to sleep then I anticipate a similar outcome today if Zander remains sharp. UT had some opening game jitters and gifted FSU a six run cushion and beat them regardless - I don't see that happening again in Omaha, which means anyone who is going to beat us will have no help from us.

FSU's pitching has to be a mess, and we come in with a clean slate. Start fast and finish the job today. Go Vols!!!!

Spot on. “Motivation” doesn’t work one way in games like these. “FSU is mad” and?

Look their offense is really good. I don’t see how you don’t see that. We can absolutely beat them no doubt. But don’t act like our offense is that much better. Like I said, they are essentially playing with house money. Their backs are against the wall. That can make for a dangerous game.
You done slobberin' over FSU?

CskuGCHWIAA8CbZ.jpg

We are the bullies
We are all Muffin Men!
Embrace this moment!
Be cocky!

ROCKY TOP!

#WGWTFA
I am thankful that our team is not as scared of success as our fan base seems to be.

Our team and our coaches are very, very good. They have proven their mental toughness repeatedly this year. We have the advantages that come from being in the winners bracket. We have a 2k+ fan advantage, so unless the locals turn on us, we have the home field advantage. After all the pandering to FSU over the past few days in the national media, if our team is hearing any of that, then they'll come out with just as much to prove as FSU.

Yeah, they're a good team. So what?? This bunch of Volunteers has been beating good teams all year. The guys got this!

Spot on. “Motivation” doesn’t work one way in games like these. “FSU is mad” and?
Exactly. I’m willing to bet UT players have been made aware of all the comments marginalizing Friday’s win over the check swing and are highly motivated to prove it wasn’t a gift. That and, you know, wanting to win a National Championship.

FSU can be mad all they want. Mad don’t score runs.

Ee should take bets on uniforms.

I assume we are the road team for first time.

(1) Smoky Gray
(2) Orange with light gray
(3) Dark Modes with light gray

If FSU opts to wear their terrible all-garnet or all-beige/khaki uniforms again, I guess Tennessee could wear anything. I would hope for the

(4) pins

in that case.

Tony has been very superstitious with uniform choices in recent post seasons. A such, I bet we see the Dark Modes again.

things-that-never-happened-jeopardy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back