The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

Schloss acting like he doesn’t know who is throwing today is very funny. Such a loser. He is putting on this pitiful “woe is me, we are so light on pitching” when it’s almost certainly going to be Lampkin/Cortez.
I think he gives Lampkin another days rest because he can now afford to gamble. I think the announcers have said TAM has only used 5 pitchers the entire MCWS, and they used 3 yesterday (4 technically but one doesn't count). I think this would give them Lampkin/Cortez/Anschbern for tomorrow. We have Beam today and if we find a way to win, tomorrows pitching matchup would be great. Their 3 against Z/Combs/Snead would be a great one to watch, that's assuming we can avoid using Combs or Snead today.
My 2 cents anyways and I could be completely wrong.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
We didn’t really play too well and some can be attributed to their pitching, poor and or inconsistent strike zone by Mr. Ump, but damn did A&M just get almost every break with these ridiculous infield hits and timely 0-2 hits where one guy just basically stuck the bat out and it scored runs.
I’ll give due to A&M as they are good and belong there and luck and timely hits play a huge role in determining the outcome, but one would think all the breaks won’t go for them today and we will not strike out 17 times and leave a game full of runners on base.
It’s gonna be a better day. We got this!

I think he gives Lampkin another days rest because he can now afford to gamble. I think the announcers have said TAM has only used 5 pitchers the entire MCWS, and they used 3 yesterday (4 technically but one doesn't count). I think this would give them Lampkin/Cortez/Anschbern for tomorrow. We have Beam today and if we find a way to win, tomorrows pitching matchup would be great. Their 3 against Z/Combs/Snead would be a great one to watch, that's assuming we can avoid using Combs or Snead today.

Go Vols!!

Only way we can avoid using Combs or Snead today is if we are up a touchdown or more. I’m not worried about using Combs. He hasn’t pitched in 9 days. So he is fresh. And he can pitch Monday as well if he we can limit him to two innings.

Hope the guys can finish strong and get us to Monday. They've worked so hard to get to this point. Plus we want entertainment. Vols winning is best for everyone.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Only way we can avoid using Combs or Snead today is if we are up a touchdown or more. I’m not worried about using Combs. He hasn’t pitched in 9 days. So he is fresh. And he can pitch Monday as well if he we can limit him to two innings.
Didn't realize Combs hadn't pitched that long. My thinking (maybe hoping) was we get a big enough lead that we can use pitchers like last night and save the top 3 for Monday's title game.

Go Vols!!

Didn't realize Combs hadn't pitched that long. My thinking (maybe hoping) was we get a big enough lead that we can use pitchers like last night and save the top 3 for Monday's title game.

Go Vols!!

Unless I am mis-remembering, I’m pretty sure Combs has only pitched against FSU in Game 1. So he should have plenty of bullets in the chamber.

And yeah, I’d love to jump out to a huge lead today, but I can’t imagine that will happen. A&M has an elite pitching staff. We can hit them, but I can’t see us pounding them so bad we don’t even have to use Combs with a lead.

Reactions: ALStateLineVol
This team seems to thrive after a tough loss. We had Vandy in game 1 of SEC, Evansville, and then FSU struggle/comeback in CWS.

Tennessee needs to come out loose, not so tight they can't make routine plays. How many extra at bats did A&M get because of a bobbled fielding attempt? How many times did Tennessee hitters get themselves out by swinging at pitches out of the strike zone, or take called third strikes? These are all things that can be corrected, and if they don't play clean ball today, they will watch A&M celebrate. Here's hoping for the real Tennessee Volunteers baseball team shows up and everyone will see why they are number 1.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: volsagain
Fully rested: Beam Zander combs Snead
Mostly rested: Connell
not rested: Behnke
>
Fully rested: Cortez, Rudis
Mostly rested: Lampkins,
not rested: Stewart, Aschenbeck

Obviously theyll throw someone else but whoever it is they haven’t pitched since the supers

This is what I’m hoping Tennessee does today for a needed rebound performance in the high pressure second game.

1719155264038.gif

Morning everyone on a Summer Sunday.

TAMU will be pumped up to take it this afternoon. With the heat and where they live and practice, that is an advantage for them. We just have to get focused and in the game early as CTV preaches. Last night was like kids walking into Disneyland and we got our butts kicked early, in the middle, and once again closed the gap but no cigar. Today, tomorrow, or busted.

Go Vols!!
Please do no refer to people/teams that are on the verge of kicking us back to Knoxville with our tails between our legs "losers". I'm sure they have enough billboard material. Ditto pissing off umpires. We need some "edumacation" in this post regards how to play nice and win on and off the field.

Here’s the deal vol nation……….. we need to jump out quick on these guys and see how they react to playing from behind. Aggies have not trailed yet in the CWS. So, I like being the visiting team for that reason. In addition, i like having Beam on the bump, he has some dog in him and will battle every pitch. I think he pitches well for at least 5 innings. Also, we will play better today. Looking for a clean game from the Vols. Tony has said that the one thing he loves about this team is their maturity and chemistry. I think we will be dialed in and respond to the challenge. I think our players will handle the environment and the heat thus being a true afternoon game. Baseball people always say good pitching beats good hitting. We are about to see at 2 eastern if that holds true. We have the advantage offensively and they think they have an edge in pitching depth and overall defense. I like the Vols today as we get the win and silence the negas of vol nation. Monday night we will be playing for that elusive national championship. Go Vols!

Reactions: Volunteer_Kirby
Please do no refer to people/teams that are on the verge of kicking us back to Knoxville with our tails between our legs "losers". I'm sure they have enough billboard material. Ditto pissing off umpires. We need some "edumacation" in this post regards how to play nice and win on and off the field.

He didn’t call them losers. I did. And A&M isn’t reading this board before their game. Come on. And Schloss trying to do the “woe is me” routine is indeed loser behavior. He’s complained about injuries and not having enough pitching. Meanwhile, they are 9-0 in the post-season.

Reactions: ALStateLineVol

VN Store

Back