The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

I understand your points, especially with Billy at third, but our defense CLEARLY has played well enough to get us here. I understand your frustrations but CLEARLY we are talented enough to win without the long ball in play but OBVIOUSLY the long ball does help our offense produce runs (small ball doesn't win USUALLY like it use much to my chagrin). It just doesn't seem apropos at this point to decry the same abilities that got us here. Our defense in the outfield CLEARLY is superior. I'd agree right field struggled a little last night prob due to lack of experience. As I've stated...errors killed us which is low hanging fruit to criticize but to the more analytical mind...getting behind on most at bats last night 0-2 and 1-2 (not all but most) is 1000% what a pitcher is desirous of in any outing. It's the PERFECT place for a pitcher to throw from and the WORST place for a hitter to hit from. You may turn out to be prophetic and our defense will cause our downfall today. But that simply has not been the normal for the season. Hopefully...the Vols will "prove you wrong" 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.
agree with first post
infield defense has been very bad all year
If Blake had not developed into an all world first baseman i cannot imagine how many errors left side of infield would have made
8-9 runs a game hides the fact until games like FSU first game and last night

A&M starting Badmaev is a very weird move. I assume this means they want four or five middle innings from Cortez. Starting a pitcher in the WS finals who has never started before either leads to a massive catastrophe or huge performance. Usually there’s no middle. Max Wiener (his real name) is one of the best pitching talent scouts in the game. One has to assume he has good reasons. We need to make this kid uncomfortable, but we need to be patient. He has a great ERA and nothing to scout. Just hit and walk until we get a feel.

These telecast have shown the Kent family way too much and it’s annoying as hell.
It is one the verge as being as bad as Mark Spears from Alabama’s mom showing her ass constantly and the camera always showing her.
We know…we get it!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
A&M starting Badmaev is a very weird move. I assume this means they want four or five middle innings from Cortez. Starting a pitcher in the WS finals who has never started before either leads to a massive catastrophe or huge performance. Usually there’s no middle. Max Wiener (his real name) is one of the best pitching talent scouts in the game. One has to assume he has good reasons. We need to make this kid uncomfortable, but we need to be patient. He has a great ERA and nothing to scout. Just hit and walk until we get a feel.
My son saw his name on the screen last night and couldn’t stop giggling.

Last night, first AB tees off for a homer on like the 3rd pitch. Reality is that pitcher got snakebit and drug everyone into the hole with him. Imposter syndrome sunk in and it took us a bit to shake it and tighten up and get our minds back in gear. That, and TAMs starting pitcher change ups were the defining factors imo

Just stay locked in at the plate. Best we can do. Little to no scout on this guy. Like you said, that little to no scout can lead to some huge out of nowhere performances. Just hope we don’t get one of those today.

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
These telecast have shown the Kent family way too much and it’s annoying as hell.
It is one the verge as being as bad as Mark Spears from Alabama’s mom showing her ass constantly and the camera always showing her.
We know…we get it!!
Right? Everyone already knows at this point he's Superman.

We know…we get it!!
Just pitch around him, don't give him the limelight. 😉

VN Store

Back