The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

He didn’t call them losers. I did. And A&M isn’t reading this board before their game. Come on. And Schloss trying to do the “woe is me” routine is indeed loser behavior. He’s complained about injuries and not having enough pitching. Meanwhile, they are 9-0 in the post-season.
It’s typical coach speak. They seemed to be programmed that way.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Here’s the deal vol nation……….. we need to jump out quick on these guys and see how they react to playing from behind. Aggies have not trailed yet in the CWS. So, I like being the visiting team for that reason. In addition, i like having Beam on the bump, he has some dog in him and will battle every pitch. I think he pitches well for at least 5 innings. Also, we will play better today. Looking for a clean game from the Vols. Tony has said that the one thing he loves about this team is their maturity and chemistry. I think we will be dialed in and respond to the challenge. I think our players will handle the environment and the heat thus being a true afternoon game. Baseball people always say good pitching beats good hitting. We are about to see at 2 eastern if that holds true. We have the advantage offensively and they think they have an edge in pitching depth and overall defense. I like the Vols today as we get the win and silence the negas of vol nation. Monday night we will be playing for that elusive national championship. Go Vols!

I’m hopeful with batting first, and playing a must win game that they play smoothly after having what was likely an anomaly of the whatever could go wrong did go wrong including Aggies scored 5 runs in top of the 3rd inning, 17 strikeouts, etc.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
giphy.gif

He didn’t call them losers. I did. And A&M isn’t reading this board before their game. Come on. And Schloss trying to do the “woe is me” routine is indeed loser behavior. He’s complained about injuries and not having enough pitching. Meanwhile, they are 9-0 in the post-season.
TAMU and coach not losers. Neither is Tennessee and CTV...but, call folks names if you like.

Reactions: ArdentVol
TAMU and coach not losers. Neither is Tennessee and CTV...but, call folks names if you like.

Well, I never said anything about Tennessee. Fair enough. Maybe my words were harsh. But I just don’t like all the excuses Schloss tries to throw out there as if Tennessee hasn’t had injuries themselves. Maybe he does it to try and motivate his team, but even last night he was already bemoaning their pitching for Game 2 and like they had no pitching left. Haven’t seen Tony do anything like that all year. And haven’t seen Tony try and paint AJ’s injury as a reason for any struggles we have faced either.

Reactions: volsagain
Count me in on the nervous side today. I wasn’t nervous at all yesterday, but I’m gonna tune in late to this one and hopefully be pleasantly surprised. We’re a lot better than what we showed yesterday, surely Moore and Tears won’t go 0/10 two games in a row.

Do or die today….and dying ain’t fun. So, I vote for fun today. Need a curb stomping, men. Curb stompings are fun.

IMO pitching wasn't great and at same time wasn't that bad except when we got 2 strikes on them, it seemed like either misplaced pitches or getting too anxious for the 3rd strike and throwing meat. The timely errors which gave A&M extra outs and added a burden to the pitchers and we left 10 runners on base. As a whole we got outplayed, to simplify it.
It's a different mentality in the field when you are playing from behind, more pressure on everything. Players can say it doesn't matter, it does. Same thing happened against FSU, down after 1 then the wheels fall off.

I’m hoping the Vols have a pretty performance much like this amazing pretty photo of Gambit throwing charged cards.

IMG_8242.jpeg

Well, I never said anything about Tennessee. Fair enough. Maybe my words were harsh. But I just don’t like all the excuses Schloss tries to throw out there as if Tennessee hasn’t had injuries themselves. Maybe he does it to try and motivate his team, but even last night he was already bemoaning their pitching for Game 2 and like they had no pitching left. Haven’t seen Tony do anything like that all year. And haven’t seen Tony try and paint AJ’s injury as a reason for any struggles we have faced either.
Yes, agree with you on their head coach whining. Tony has never, that I’ve heard, mentioned our best pitcher (AJ) as an excuse. I think it’s a bit classless to talk about it multiple times. Otherwise, I think the guy is a pretty decent guy. Tony is a notch above anyone because he never has any excuses.

VN Store

Back