The Official #1 Tennessee @ Texas A&M National Championship Game 2 Thread (Sun. June 23 2PM EST) (ABC)

spotty internet connection from fort morgan
two positive signs
granddaughter hallie, 3, says orange is her favorite color
strawberry moon the [ast two nights has been a brilliant orange

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
Yes, agree with you on their head coach whining. Tony has never, that I’ve heard, mentioned our best pitcher (AJ) as an excuse. I think it’s a bit classless to talk about it multiple times. Otherwise, I think the guy is a pretty decent guy. Tony is a notch above anyone because he never has any excuses.

I wouldn’t have said less than nice things about Schloss if it was a one time comment. He seems like a nice enough guy, but his excuses are just annoying to hear. Basically all post-season he has alluded to injury issues or pitching depth problems. He has a great lineup and a team with a Top 4 ERA in baseball. They are 9-0. No need to try an engineer a narrative.

I wouldn’t have said less than nice things about Schloss if it was a one time comment. He seems like a nice enough guy, but his excuses are just annoying to hear. Basically all post-season he has alluded to injury issues or pitching depth problems. He has a great lineup and a team with a Top 4 ERA in baseball. They are 9-0. No need to try an engineer a narrative.
The thing that strikes me most is him apologizing to the fans for his team’s injuries. Seems overboard to me, as if he must do that for the fans. Kind of hyper excuse scenario.

Reactions: TheMookieMonster
The problem with that is our infield hasn’t played a clean game all year. Third base is an error waiting to happen, shortstop cannot field the ball cleanly, our second baseman makes the hard play look easy and then makes a easy catch and throw look like an adventure and then our first baseman tries to play a second base when he should be covering first. The infield defense is atrocious and we cannot give outs to A&M. We did last night. Our offense is potent when the long ball is going out but we just can’t get a base hit and play small ball when a base hit can keep you in a game against great pitching. All that to say, we are certainly an underdog moving forward in this series. Go Vols prove me wrong!!!
I understand your points, especially with Billy at third, but our defense CLEARLY has played well enough to get us here. I understand your frustrations but CLEARLY we are talented enough to win without the long ball in play but OBVIOUSLY the long ball does help our offense produce runs (small ball doesn't win USUALLY like it use much to my chagrin). It just doesn't seem apropos at this point to decry the same abilities that got us here. Our defense in the outfield CLEARLY is superior. I'd agree right field struggled a little last night prob due to lack of experience. As I've stated...errors killed us which is low hanging fruit to criticize but to the more analytical mind...getting behind on most at bats last night 0-2 and 1-2 (not all but most) is 1000% what a pitcher is desirous of in any outing. It's the PERFECT place for a pitcher to throw from and the WORST place for a hitter to hit from. You may turn out to be prophetic and our defense will cause our downfall today. But that simply has not been the normal for the season. Hopefully...the Vols will "prove you wrong" 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️.

The thing that strikes me most is him apologizing to the fans for his team’s injuries. Seems overboard to me, as if he must do that for the fans. Kind of hyper excuse scenario.

Yeah. It’s honestly just weird. Don’t really know how to explain it. Losing Montgomery sucks, but they’ve replaced him with a guy who’s tied for the 2nd most RBIs in a CWS all-time I believe. I think I saw the stat that Kent is breaking records. Sorry, I’m not going to feel bad for you. I imagine if Russell was healthy all year Game 1 goes very differently, but you will never see Tony say that.

Reactions: cardvolfan
So, are they saving Cortez or is he primarily a reliever?

Cortez will probably play depending on the situation. If A&M gets any type of lead in the middle innings, he’ll pitch. If they are behind all game, they probably push him to game 3.

I agree but the TV folks think they can increase viewership by putting the Sunday game on ABC in an afternoon time slot.

I thought it was because of ESPN's contract with MLB for Sunday Night Baseball. In the past I could have sworn they would move the MLB game to ESPN2 for one week to accomodate that.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Peebles at DH means that any injury to Stark and we have to put Charlie Taylor into a national title game.

Dear God watch over Cal today please

VN Store

Back