The Official #17 Tennessee vs. #20 Illinois Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, CBS

So you don't agree that we go cold way too often with the talent we have and struggle to get out of our funk? Who's our fiery leader?

I guess you haven't watched the last 3-5 seasons where we struggle to win games and lose games based on going cold and not playing with confidence...

Yes, some of our fans ARE stupid.... give me a break... Indiana is 7-1 and beat Maryland and Michigan... they don't SUCK. SMH again.

I was making the point that it would be great to have a fiery leader like KD who could keep us up and confident... we play like that and we wax teams.
Now, tell us how good Appalachian State is. They beat Auburn.

With about 8.5 seconds gone, Tennessee passed the ball over the half court line. Tennessee gained possession near the left wing three point line as the shot clock hit 20. However, the ball had long passed the half court line. The rule makes zero mention of possession in the front court at all. It only mentions continuous control in the backcourt.
So what was Kessling referring to “ TN player not having control” and a turnover during that sequence?

I look at the big picture and our opponents... I don't live in the orange glass house and wear orange glasses like most do on here who live in the moment but thanks...
Someone gives an opinion you don't like and they can't handle it... they have to challenge it with insults instead of maturely just scrolling past... I didn't realize how many immature people live on here... Gotta remember this world is now full of betas, snowflakes, and participation trophy getters who get triggered too easily if someone says something they don't like or agree with... I'll keep my opinion more to myself since it seems most folks have hissie fits if they don't like it and can't respond maturely... Love the nap time little buddy comment...
Making patently false statements isn't giving an opinion nor does it have anything to do with ideology

I look at the big picture and our opponents... I don't live in the orange glass house and wear orange glasses like most do on here who live in the moment but thanks...
Someone gives an opinion you don't like and they can't handle it... they have to challenge it with insults instead of maturely just scrolling past... I didn't realize how many immature people live on here... Gotta remember this world is now full of betas, snowflakes, and participation trophy getters who get triggered too easily if someone says something they don't like or agree with... I'll keep my opinion more to myself since it seems most folks have hissie fits if they don't like it and can't respond maturely... Love the nap time little buddy comment...

You called our team mentally weak and fragile on a day they beat a Top 20 team. I would say that makes you the immature beta male poster. Not the people calling you on your crap.

If we’re fragile, what does that make Auburn for losing to App State? I see you’ve conveniently ignored that for the last hour. Imagine your reaction if Rick had lost to App State. You would be calling for him to be fired.

I have watched nearly every single game we have played in Rick Barnes tenure. We are NOT the only team to have cold spells regardless of what people think. Sure, in the moment it’s frustrating, but as long as we score points I don’t care how it happens. We are a team of streaks like most people, and we scored nearly 90 against the #10 defense in the country.

Coming on here to cape for your boy Bruce the same week he lost to a **** Appt State team is pathetic.
It truly amazes me how many folks must have failed reading comprehension in school or just can't understand basic English, only grasping certain parts of posts and going off in the weeds with it... Where did I say anything about Bruce? I said they are currently playing fired up and obliterating Indiana and have a dawg in KD who keeps his team up and confident and we currently don't have a guy like that and it shows with our shooting cold spells and we seem to lack confidence/play with confidence in games at times. Where did I say we were the only team to have cold spells? Where?

It truly amazes me how many folks must have failed reading comprehension in school or just can't understand basic English, only grasping certain parts of posts and going off in the weeds with it... Where did I say anything about Bruce? I said they are currently playing fired up and obliterating Indiana and have a dawg in KD who keeps his team up and confident and we currently don't have a guy like that and it shows with our shooting cold spells and we seem to lack confidence/play with confidence in games at times. Where did I say we were the only team to have cold spells? Where?
Good grief…just keep digging.

I see you on here kissing Auburn's a$$ ... while completely ignoring everyone who points out that they lost to Appalachian State 69-64 less than a week ago.

.... and what about Knecht?

You called our team mentally weak and fragile on a day they beat a Top 20 team. I would say that makes you the immature beta male poster. Not the people calling you on your crap.

If we’re fragile, what does that make Auburn for losing to App State? I see you’ve conveniently ignored that for the last hour. Imagine your reaction if Rick had lost to App State. You would be calling for him to be fired.
Oh Lawd... you really can't understand... talking fragile in general over the past 3 yrs ... not today. Dang, and then here you come with the insults. And then you back stuck on Auburn for no reason... SMH... my head hurts.

I see you on here kissing Auburn's a$$ ... while completely ignoring everyone who points out that they lost to Appalachian State 69-64 less than a week ago.

Don’t bother. You won’t get a straight answer. He’s ignoring everything that doesn’t fit his narrative.

I mean most of the fouls in the second half were in the final 5 minutes when they were purposefully fouling and playing aggressive. I’ll agree that the Hook and Hold early in the 2nd half on Illinois was an awful call, but we only hit 1 free throw on that call.

It was a poorly officiated final 10 minutes both ways. But the officials aren’t why they lost.
It’s certainly not but he’s correct about the officials changing how they called the game. These days it’s rare to see a game called consistently throughout.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
Oh Lawd... you really can't understand... talking fragile in general over the past 3 yrs ... not today. Dang, and then here you come with the insults. And then you back stuck on Auburn for no reason... SMH... my head hurts.

Yeah I call stupid people stupid. I call a spade a spade. You insult our players on the day of a big win, I’m not going to apologize to you.

If you’re allowed to insult our team, you should learn to take an insult back.

I'm kissing auburn's ass because I think they have a fiery guy who keeps them up...okay man. And what does that have to do with losing to App St? I am talking about a player who keeps his team up... dang, seriously this has gone off the rails. I guess ignorance is bliss and you can't fix stupid.

We do have that guy, though. Actually, we have a couple of them in tow........

Yeah I call stupid people stupid. I call a spade a spade. You insult our players on the day of a big win, I’m not going to apologize to you.

I was not insulting our players on the way they played today, but how they can play in general and have played in the past. Show me where I said "today our team played mentally fragile" show me???

I'm kissing auburn's ass because I think they have a fiery guy who keeps them up...okay man. And what does that have to do with losing to App St? I am talking about a player who keeps his team up... dang, seriously this has gone off the rails. I guess ignorance is bliss and you can't fix stupid.
Only that you're an uneducated reactionary

sorry you can't do reading comprehension... no where did I say we'd be in the NIT... said/meant we'd have a better chance at cutting down the nets in the NIT than the Dance based on the first half and this season so far... SMH.
Wouldn’t that be true of every team though? The NIT is easier.

Good luck with yourself MookieMonster...

Watching multiple games right now... I watch more SEC teams than just TN since it's our conference and we will be playing them in conference play... Why would you not watch other teams?
Alabama giving Purdue everything they can handle and may beat them. Alabama playing at a higher level than us right now.

Auburn playing with confidence and fire unlike we do most games and pointing out that if we had a leader who could keep our team up, fired up, and confident like they do in KD, we'd be blistering teams...

TN is just the best and can do no wrong and plays perfect and never has any issues and screw watching the competition....

There, did I do it right? SMDH...

It’s great to hear from a guy “who watches other games”. That explains your special insights.

I was not insulting our players on the way they played today, but how they can play in general and have played in the past. Show me where I said "today our team played mentally fragile" show me???

Moving the goalposts. Doesn’t matter if you used the word “today” or not. You said “we are a mentally fragile team as all Barnes teams are” which is both an insult (that you claim isn’t an insult) and implying that today we played mentally fragile otherwise why even MAKE that comment?

Also just weird you use KD Johnson of all players as the shining example of a fiery player who keeps his team in games. I can’t even count on two hands the amount of times KD Johnson has lost Auburn a basketball game the past two years.

Let me get this straight ....

You are on VolNation being critical of Tennessee's performance in a win over #20 Illinois, and ignoring the game that Knecht had, while also heaping praise on Auburn and one of their players .... and you don't understand why other members of this forum find it strange that you are dismissive of Auburn's loss to Appalachian State last Sunday?

That is called cognitive dissonance. You could use a crash course in self-awareness.

It's amusing how it's usually the posters who criticize the players and coaches most harshly who want their own posts to enjoy immunity from criticism.

VN Store

Back