The Official #5 TENNESSEE (9-1) @ South Carolina (6-4) Game Thread: Zone Edition 7:00p.m. My Time

It's been a lot of people celebrating, but a large majority have been UGA fans. I didn't want them winning it all last year and I don't want them winning it again this year. They are worse than Bama fans.

Bama fans are like old money. Ga fans are lottery winners that think they are old money

Welp, 10-2 regular season is better that everybody thought Tennessee would be. We are obviously not a playoff team yet. It’s silly to think anybody could build a championship team in two years. Corch Heup has the program headed in the right direction.

Why is it so difficult for so many to grasp this.

Why is it so difficult for so many to grasp this.
Because most people live minute by minute.
This is now the worst loss ever.
That’s what I learned in ff. that and it’s the fault of the orange helmets…….

Forget that a top undecided D player said he absolutely loved the helmets and could see himself wearing one

Because most people live minute by minute.
This is now the worst loss ever.
That’s what I learned in ff. that and it’s the fault of the orange helmets…….

Forget that a top undecided D player said he absolutely loved the helmets and could see himself wearing one

Yeah, I saw that thread. For me, LSU in 2001 is worse.

I agree completely. That team had all expectations to be in the natty all season and it was pretty much a lock until LSU put a backup Dentist in at QB
I said that in another thread somewhere.
An awful running qb named Matt Mauck.

I still hate that guy!!!!
I hope his life is awful
(No not really, it’s just entertainment)

I don't know why we didn't go with the Pitt scheme. Blitz Blitz and more blitz. You may complete the pass but we're knocking you on your ass. We can't cover in single coverage, and we just look lost in zone.
I am talking out of my ass…..but maybe we didn’t have a guy out there to replace Banks to get everyone lined up?
That would sound incredibly stupid but we are still really thin and really bad at defense

Post game thoughts.

1) God was with that SC QB, he could do no wrong. He had a night worthy of a Heisman himself that we haven't really seen all year. Some of those passes he threw were threaded into decent coverage.

2) Our decent coverage was few and far between and we knew that. But our pass Rush fell off too, and that is a bad combination for us.

3) What happened to our run? We made like 50 pass attempts, despite what is thought we been running a lot this year, but last night seemed to depend more on the pass, which got gimped because they were not fearing the rush as much. Maybe there is a good reason for that, but I am curious as to why we didn't run more and open up the field.

4) This season is still lightyears better then I hoped going into it, and I love this team. I just hope Hooker is okay, and gets a shot in the NFL. I would happily follow that team.

5) Of the things I am most concerned about right now this doesn't register in the top 10. Yesterday was rough because I wanted them to win, but more important things both personal and national happed that were good...so I am still having a good weekend.

Post game thoughts.

1) God was with that SC QB, he could do no wrong. He had a night worthy of a Heisman himself that we haven't really seen all year. Some of those passes he threw were threaded into decent coverage.

2) Our decent coverage was few and far between and we knew that. But our pass Rush fell off too, and that is a bad combination for us.

3) What happened to our run? We made like 50 pass attempts, despite what is thought we been running a lot this year, but last night seemed to depend more on the pass, which got gimped because they were not fearing the rush as much. Maybe there is a good reason for that, but I am curious as to why we didn't run more and open up the field.

4) This season is still lightyears better then I hoped going into it, and I love this team. I just hope Hooker is okay, and gets a shot in the NFL. I would happily follow that team.

5) Of the things I am most concerned about right now this doesn't register in the top 10. Yesterday was rough because I wanted them to win, but more important things both personal and national happed that were good...so I am still having a good weekend.
#1- Bryce Young was equal to snake boy all night, only difference is our offense was played much better against bammer.

Exactly. If hooker is out I can see us not closing out the season against Vandy and that is unacceptable. Vandy riding high with that Florida win
This complete letdown is taking away from my enjoyment of the gaters loss to Vandy. It also ends my expectations of Trash talk to my gater friends about us making the playoffs before them.

I feel I hit the trifecta of the agony of defeat.

After considerable consideration and reflection, I've developed and embraced a different attitude about it all this morning.

Post game thoughts.

My only issue with pass attempts was it felt like there were so many go for it all attempts. I don't know if that's true though.

Reactions: Sgt_Nick_Fury

VN Store

Back