The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Newtork+

We CANNOT have these kinds of scoring lulls against better competition. . .like Wisconsin coming up on Friday.
Agree. This will not cut it Friday night. Obviously the substitution patterns are causing the offense to get out of rhythm. The concern is we are getting very little at the basket against an awful team.

Reactions: jdogvol
The quality depth on this team is insane! It might be difficult for any of our guys to be named 1st team All SEC based simply on the fact that we’ll be rotating so much.

Reactions: GiveHim6InSC
Jefferson not playing again I think speaks volumes about his playing time outlook this year. Still keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn’t look for greener pastures as there are plenty of guys who have left here only to end up doing nothing with their careers. I hope that he sticks it out. Minutes should open up a lot next year.

Look at the box score. Feels like it's been a minute since we've seen a game 1 like this where Barnes has been able to tinker with lineups and get everyone run all game.
True and while we have 5 guys who can shoot it lack of aggression/confidence on the offensive end is a concern every year under Barnes. Most talented squad he has had. We will see

Jefferson not playing again I think speaks volumes about his playing time outlook this year. Still keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn’t look for greener pastures as there are plenty of guys who have left here only to end up doing nothing with their careers. I hope that he sticks it out. Minutes should open up a lot next year.
Yeah, man. I think DJ is a player and I really wanted him to get some PT, tonight

I watched the game against Michigan State. Obvious uptick in intensity and strategy. I think that’s what this team is capable of and these early-season games are little more than experiments with lineups and so forth. Good to know that the Vols have multiple options and this will pay off later in the season.
Up by 40 with a minute and a half. Beating the spread and still got some people who are mad 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back