The Official #9 Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Newtork+

Yeah, man. I think DJ is a player and I really wanted him to get some PT, tonight
He looked checked out on defense. Body language certainly seemed to indicate his frustration. The dunk at the end of the game after the turnover on the second to last possession won't help his case either.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and Svr
Good news is we beat Tennessee Tech by 38 points
The bad news is Austin Peay beat Tennessee Tech in an exhibition game by 39 points.

Onviously this means Austin Peay is better than us. And if thats the case this team is doomed and headed nowhere this season. Might as well call it a wrap on the season!

Sloppy at times, but used a lot of different line ups. A lot of things to like. My main concern with this team right now is the lack of front court production, other than that we look pretty solid. Overall, not a bad way to start the year. Looking forward to seeing what we how we look Friday!

The bad news is Austin Peay beat Tennessee Tech in an exhibition game by 39 points.

Onviously this means Austin Peay is better than us. And if thats the case this team is doomed and headed nowhere this season. Might as well call it a wrap on the season!
How would Peay do in an exhibition against Michigan State?

Sloppy offensive performance and we still scored 80. I’ll take it. Better than last year where a sloppy offensive performance meant 60.
We scored 80 while Vescovi and ZZZ combined for less than 10. Both those guys have proven they can score. If they’re at their norm we hit the century mark. Gainey and Knecht looked good once again! Dilione has been the biggest surprise so far as he was so highly touted but it appears the game hasn’t slowed down for him yet? I like Estrella and Phillips also! This is the deepest lineup I’ve ever seen on a college team.

Sloppy at times, but used a lot of different line ups. A lot of things to like. My main concern with this team right now is the lack of front court production, other than that we look pretty solid. Overall, not a bad way to start the year. Looking forward to seeing what we how we look Friday!
Agree…my concern is front court offense. Aidoo doesn’t look improved on that end. JJJ isn’t going to score in the post. The two freshmen look like the most natural offensive post players, but they probably won’t be in the rotation by conference play.

That said, I hope this team is a slow build to March. It’s pointless to look great tonight. Give me a team that’s pretty good, but looks like it’s not quite clicking on all cylinders until February, then hits another gear…because this team’s high gear should be very good.

Knecht and Gainey the best players on the court again tonight? How do you narrow a rotation for Friday?

I may get roasted for this. Aaaand I love our veterans. But, vs MSU, those two looked better and allowed a better offensive flow than I've seen in a while around here. I know it was one exhb game. But, for years now when JJJ, SV, and even ZZ control the flow it didn't look like that. We tend to have a lot of head scratching and unsure offensive plays.
Maybe it's blasphemous, but Barnes may have upgraded at the 2 & 3! If so, I hope he is oriented in such a way as to allow the best on the court. 😳 fire away.

Not necessarily it just means Austin Peay is also better than Mich State which makes them a top 3 team

VN Store

Back