The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

Just want to add that 35% of ya'll on here yesterday and early today don't deserve to celebrate this. The way you trashed this team, coach, and put all that negative energy out into the baseball universe was sickening. You know who you are.

For everyone else, lifelong fans, recent fans, or casual observers. Congrats. What Tony V has done here isn't something that happens in baseball. Enjoy the ride.
It’s truly amazing, like clockwork. They blow in here like a huge storm and blow right back out after their disappointment. Really a sad thing.

I think it was you that suggested a 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle for my dad, which I gave him a bottle as an early Father's Day present and I tasted it. He liked it a LOT. I tasted and I'm absolutely sure I didn't or couldn't appreciate the taste of it I had. so my friends and I sipped on the same drink. It made me and contemplate that I was sipping on something that's older than I am.

BTW, that was .... difficult for me find. I gave up looking around ATL and had my cousin go up to Kentucky to get it.
I hope whoever suggested that for your Dad sees your post and confirms it. But it wasn't me. Glad to see Volnation is looking out for you, though.

Reactions: KptVFL
Love your coach and his post game comments tonight about success, how you define it and other things he said as well including comments about one of our players Ty Rumsey. Your coach is a class act !

Appreciate the classy posts! I was impressed that your guys were relentless regardless of the situation and they sure put it on us in game 2. Best of luck with your program in the future.

I'm going to piggy back off of the bottles you show me and get a bottle of that for the Dean of Engineering as a faux father's day present because he has helped understand how to monetize my first two patents. IDK, I'd like to show him some appreciation even though what he's done for me has been mutually beneficial to both him and GT. Up to now, the only side or sides of myself I've chosen to show him is that I"m a very serious student, but also a goofy kid.
Pretty sure the friends that gave me the Hayden for my birthday picked it up on a bourbon tour last year, FWIW. They knew it had the taste inside the bottle, and knew I'd appreciate the presentation on the outside of the bottle.

The Vols' continuing success in every sport is really challenging my desire to nurse this bottle and make it last.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Well, we had our moments. Wright had a pretty solid run. Rod had his magic in the early 90s which I felt were our glory years never to be seen again until lightning struck and gave us Vitello.
Don’t discount/forget two trips in the early 2000’s and the Chris Burke-Luke Hochevar teams! Very good baseball teams! Quite a few MLB guys. So glad we got it back and then some with Vitello!

Love your coach and his post game comments tonight about success, how you define it and other things he said as well including comments about one of our players Ty Rumsey. Your coach is a class act !

I don't know what Rumsey wants to do in life, but I'd hire that maniac in a white hot second for just about anything (and I mean maniac as a high compliment in this context).

That whole team was full of those guys. Gave absolutely everything they had.

Awesome stat.

And Tony has more SEC Tournament titles than Arkansas does.
Anyone who wants to talk about choking or “lack of success” look at Tallahassee or Fayetteville over the years. Or accept that that’s how this game goes and it’s really hard to win it all. The best you can ask for IMO is to be in the fight and have a shot every year and we have that with CTV.

I loved Tony's speech because this is exactly how I feel about sports. That's why I defend our successful coaches/teams so furiously. He is right, the 2022 team had everyone talking about college baseball. People loved us or loved to hate us and they were watching. (And this team has more homeruns and is going to Omaha). Rick Barnes has some of the greatest basketball teams that our VOLS ever had. Heupel's team under NCAA penalties beat Saban Alabama with the top draft pick quarterback. We have a great AD. I like our new ladies basketball coach hire and that Barnes thinks she's going to be great. I'd rather not read nega comments all the time, and I know we get frustrated, but some people just come off as trolls if we don't win it all.

Thats how we like it and that’s when the team thrives! Well done! Will you be attending Omaha?
Yes—wouldn’t miss it. I made flight and hotel reservations about 2 months ago. Doing it different this year—doing a Daddy/Daughter trip that we’ve talked about for years. Will be a great Father’s Day trip too for a lot of Dad’s!

Yes—wouldn’t miss it. I made flight and hotel reservations about 2 months ago. Doing it different this year—doing a Daddy/Daughter trip that we’ve talked about for years. Will be a great Father’s Day trip too for a lot of Dad’s!
Heck yeah! We will be there when we make the championship series! Enjoy the first week!

Just want to add that 35% of ya'll on here yesterday and early today don't deserve to celebrate this. The way you trashed this team, coach, and put all that negative energy out into the baseball universe was sickening. You know who you are.

For everyone else, lifelong fans, recent fans, or casual observers. Congrats. What Tony V has done here isn't something that happens in baseball. Enjoy the ride.

Their lives must be full of misery. Some peeps just don't understand what these players and coaches have built here......and they sure as hell
don't understand the game of baseball.

Funny how some posters didn't show up at all during the game today....funny how that works
I missed posting yesterday, regrettably had counted on it being a two game series and foolishly made plans to go pick up our new puppy in Maryland on Sunday. Left right after Saturday's game and made the 10 plus hour drive

But I listen just couldn't post.

Agreed. The NegaVols need to stay away. They don’t deserve this team. I haven't seen any of the posts during the games (i stay offline while at games) but I’ve seen enough of their pessimism and ridiculous NegaVol takes to realize they are sad, miserable people who take joy in criticism and negativity. GBO!

Congrats Vols Nation on the win over our Evansville Aces. It was a great time in Knoxville and I cannot speak for everyone but we hope you guys win it all in Omaha.

The Purple Aces had a great season even with a bittersweet ending. The 2024 Purple Aces Baseball season could prove to not be lightning in a bottle so possibly this decade they might get to the College World Series after the growing pains of this season.

The Aces were an admirable foe that made me fearful for game 3 after seeing the first 2 games were both competitive so I wasn’t expecting Tennessee to make it an uncompetitive game 3.

Thank you, and I’m hoping the Baseball Volunteers do win a World Series for the first time since they look as great as past LSU baseball teams that won College World Series.

Honestly, I have never wanted any team that has ever knocked Tennessee out of a tournament or championship run to win it all after knocking us off. I’ve always pulled against them. Evansville was going to be the first one I would have pulled for if we had lost to you. Much respect for your team and your coach. You guys were legit!

Their lives must be full of misery. Some peeps just don't understand what these players and coaches have built here......and they sure as hell
Or the sacrifices, hard work, countless hours, sweat, blood, and tears that the players (and their families) have put into it.

Or the sacrifices, hard work, countless hours, sweat, blood, and tears that the players (and their families) have put into it.

It’s been a very fruitful season.

The Cubs are still struggling somewhat so I’m very happy the Baseball Volunteers made it back to the College World Series mostly because realistically they are a top dog that could win it for the first time.
They just look like a team of destiny similar to past LSU Tigers teams.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sad, but some folks mental makeup requires them to be miserable if they cannot be unhappy. Compound that with the NEED to share their attained negative vibes and here we are, especially if they feel compelled to share negative prognostications in response to happy and grateful fans posts. Not sure what value add they calculate to justify taking up the bandwidth.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back