The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

Truly was. My section was on our feet basically all night. Think we only sat down between innings and that was it. People were yelling louder pregame than at any point the other two games. I was hard on the fans on here the last two days, and maybe it was just the early start times, but the fans ANSWERED THE DAMN BELL tonight!!! 🔥

I enjoyed the environment as well. I wonder if the threat of rain and also result from yesterday scared away some casuals and maybe also drove prices down so a few more miscreants could crash the gate?

I enjoyed the environment as well. I wonder if the threat of rain and also result from yesterday scared away some casuals and maybe also drove prices down so a few more cretans could crash the gate?

Possibly. It was definitely a wild crowd. Not that it’s an excuse, but I do think the two early starts had something to do with it. Guess Vol fans don’t like being up early because the 11 AM crowd definitely felt sleepy lol.

Damn media had to ask a stupid question. Why in the heck would this not be a great season regardless of what happened today?
Because many in the media have a marginal (at best) grip on how the world works.I wonder if they even leave the confines of their cubicle half the time instead of just regurgitating articles from other sources.
CTV’s “from the ground up” reference shows that he knows and values success. I thought it was a very effective, appropriate response.

Looks like Volstylexx wasn't the only one mad at the stupidity and negativity of some of our fans yesterday. That's the most impassioned I have ever seen Tony. Look at what ya'll did to that man. I'm telling you, better learn to chill it or he may listen when that phone rings from Arkansas one day (like some Vol fans were saying they hoped would happen) yesterday.

Looks like Volstylexx wasn't the only one mad at the stupidity and negativity of some of our fans yesterday. That's the most impassioned I have ever seen Tony. Look at what ya'll did to that man. I'm telling you, better learn to chill it or he may listen when that phone rings from Arkansas one day (like some Vol fans were saying they hoped would happen) yesterday.

Uh, what? How did you take that presser and spin it to be Tony being mad at the fans? His first sentence out of his mouth tonight was praising the fans. He was mad at the media for asking him a dumb question. The fans didn’t ask that question yesterday. He’s not mad at the fans.

Uh, what? How did you take that presser and spin it to be Tony being mad at the fans? His first sentence out of his mouth tonight was praising the fans. He was mad at the media for asking him a dumb question. The fans didn’t ask that question yesterday. He’s not mad at the fans.
This. And who said they hope Tony listens if Arkansas ever calls? I find it hard impossible to believe that anyone is that stupid.

This. And who said they hope Tony listens if Arkansas ever calls? I find it hard to believe that anyone is that stupid.

No idea what he is talking about. Didn’t see that anywhere. Maybe some troll said it on Twitter to get a rise out of the fanbase, but I can’t imagine anyone actually believes that.

Best Coach I’ve ever seen in any sport. Making CWS is simply icing on the cake. FL St have been 23 times and never won one. Arkansas has zero titles. This season has been an enormous success no matter what happened today or what happens in Omaha. Love the BaseVols!
Awesome stat.

And Tony has more SEC Tournament titles than Arkansas does.

should say media and fans* He clearly had an eye on the pulse of social media, and some of you were acting complete fools.

should say media and fans* He clearly had an eye on the pulse of social media, and some of you were acting complete fools.

I will respectfully disagree that his opening statement had anything to do with the fans. You are certainly entitled to feel that way, but it was very clearly directed, IMO, at the media member who asked him if the season was a failure if TN lost on Sunday.

Best Coach I’ve ever seen in any sport. Making CWS is simply icing on the cake. FL St have been 23 times and never won one. Arkansas has zero titles. This season has been an enormous success no matter what happened today or what happens in Omaha. Love the BaseVols!

Don't forget the 21 years it took Mike Bianco to win a natty at Ole Miss, and the 12 CWS appearances it took Mississippi State to win it.

I will respectfully disagree that his opening statement had anything to do with the fans. You are certainly entitled to feel that way, but it was very clearly directed, IMO, at the media member who asked him if the season was a failure if TN lost on Sunday.

Well, thank you for respectfully disagreeing :)

Reactions: firestorm
Don't forget the 21 years it took Mike Bianco to win a natty at Ole Miss, and the 12 CWS appearances it took Mississippi State to win it.

I ain’t gonna take nothin’ from em, what you got stuck in your craw? Today is a good day.

VN Store

Back