The Official Evansville @ #1 Tennessee Knoxville Super Regional Game 3 Thread (Sun. June 9th 7:06PM EST) (ESPNU)

Agreed: Crowd was relatively quiet after going up 4-0 until the 9th. it will be electric tomorrow night.
Yep, I understand as much of ball as I've watched, it started to look like just go through the motions get the innings over and on to Omaha. The crowd was quiet and probably thinking about after game plans, the way the game started and this not being a Power 5 school it just seemed elementary until it wasn't. Hopefully at 6 tomorrow the crowd will be amped and stay amped all game.

Not trying to be argumentative, but we had the tying run at 2nd and go ahead run at first with our best player at the plate. Given the circumstances, I think that approach worked well and, if anything, is was psychological for our guys to be patient and work a good at bat instead of focusing on winning it with one swing.
In your scenario our plan was to wait til the ninth inning and sneak up on them to make up for a five run deficit? We were taking, and getting behind on mediocre pitchers all night. I’m not complaining about the ninth inning. By then, the odds of coming back were very long.

Tony says CMO is playing second tomorrow. Our DH spots haven't been productive lately. Who would be the best? (not that we have any input, of course)
One of our good baby face hitters with a fake moustache? haha

I honestly don't know, but TV will know.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolPack22
Tony says CMO is playing second tomorrow. Our DH spots haven't been productive lately. Who would be the best? (not that we have any input, of course)
I’d go ahead and go back to Peebles and leave him there for the rest of the year. He ended up with a sac fly today with his one AB and thats the best we’ve gotten lately sad to say. I’ve got faith that Peebles will come up big for us. Let’s not forget he was also 3rd on the team in RBI’s before Tony pulled him.

Not saying it is a bad thing but we really have too many mouths to feed and the DH spot became a revolving door due to trying to give everyone a chance to lock it down so there was never really consistency like the other spots in the lineup. On one hand it’s a nice problem to have that many quality players but on the other hand you can’t give all of them the proper amount of at bats to build a rhythm. It’s a double edged sword sometimes.

I said it earlier In the season. Florida getting to the World Series after being destroyed this year is a crime and major problem in this template. So is ole miss from 2022. I don’t care how hot you get. Same with college basketball. Ehhh just not a fan of these tournament style championships. The NBA is okay it has what the best of seven ? Thats more fair I guess.

Have always felt this way in these sports. But guess I’m a little drunk and salty. Florida though? Florida ??? It was not a catch in 2002. Gnite. Go vols tomorrow!

I said it earlier In the season. Florida getting to the World Series after being destroyed this year is a crime and major problem in this template. So is ole miss from 2022. I don’t care how hot you get. Same with college basketball. Ehhh just not a fan of these tournament style championships. The NBA is okay it has what the best of seven ? Thats more fair I guess.

Have always felt this way in these sports. But guess I’m a little drunk and salty. Florida though? Florida ??? It was not a catch in 2002. Gnite. Go vols tomorrow!
They did get Nebraska as a 2 seed. Big Ten sucks at baseball. If they had gotten literally any other 2 seed I don’t think they make it out of that regional.

Reactions: KnoxtotheBoro20
In your scenario our plan was to wait til the ninth inning and sneak up on them to make up for a five run deficit? We were taking, and getting behind on mediocre pitchers all night. I’m not complaining about the ninth inning. By then, the odds of coming back were very long.

Yeah, I hope we switch up our approach tomorrow. We stared at a lot of hittable pitches today and made at bats a lot tougher on ourselves. Most of the time the best pitch we saw was the first pitch, got down 0-1, and saw a bunch of off-speed junk following that.

I’d go ahead and go back to Peebles and leave him there for the rest of the year. He ended up with a sac fly today with his one AB and thats the best we’ve gotten lately sad to say. I’ve got faith that Peebles will come up big for us. Let’s not forget he was also 3rd on the team in RBI’s before Tony pulled him.

Peebles walked as PH. Curley hit the sac fly

I foresee a 13-11 type game. Last team to bat...wins. They are quite good. We are over-ranked due to thin pitching

Just gotta keep hitting.

Reactions: lefthander
Peebles walked as PH. Curley hit the sac fly
Yes, that was a great AB from Peebles in that situation. Too bad the ump screwed us by calling two bogus strikes on Stark. If he starts that AB 2-0, who knows what happens. He may walk in another run and CMo isn’t forced to swing at BS to start his AB and either walks in the tying run or knocks in the go ahead run(s). Really hate it whenever incompetent umpiring ruins a game.

I wasn't on here but weren't those first two pitches to C Mo outside? I mean, he had no choice but to swing at that last one--it was in the same exact spot. And his extended bat didn't reach it

Reactions: VolPack22
I wasn't on here but weren't those first two pitches to C Mo outside? I mean, he had no choice but to swing at that last one--it was in the same exact spot. And his extended bat didn't reach it
He was forced to swing at crap pitches because the ump called those pitches strikes against Stark, who go a raw deal in the AB prior.

One of our good baby face hitters with a moustache? haha

I honestly don't know, but TV will know.
One of our team strong points is depth of hitters. Especially on the left-handed side.

We have 14-15 good hitters with lots of pop.

I partially blame the crowd for that. I know it’s going to rain tomorrow, but the crowd needs to stay in it all night. This team feeds off the energy of the crowd and once we got up 3-0 in the first, the crowd immediately fell asleep and became disinterested in the game today.
Truth about the crowd

VN Store

Back