The Official Florida @ Tennessee Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 4/6 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 4/7 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/8 2PM EST) ESPN 2

I would take USCjr, Florida, and Vanderbilt over LSU at this juncture. I’m just not 100% sold on LSU. They needed a miraculous comeback to win Game 2 yesterday and got drubbed in Game 1. USCjr is a legit title contender again. The East is freaking loaded.

Looks like they could play at 5pm. No rain in the forecast after 4pm. I can’t recall the postponement rules for Game 3 due to travel for the opposing team though. I’m sure a 3 hour delay wouldn’t impact anything on Florida’s end though. I say hold out and try to get it in.

NIL money is peanuts with a few exceptions in baseball. 99% of baseball players leave with thousands in debt. 11.7 doesn’t go very far.
Always wondered why baseball gets shaft on a lot of perks such as allotted schlarships and now NIL money is it disrespect of sport or just not a priority in NCAA eyes or Universities eyes

Always wondered why baseball gets shaft on a lot of perks such as allotted schlarships and now NIL money is it disrespect of sport or just not a priority in NCAA eyes or Universities eyes
Part of it is Title 9 so they can allocate equal # of scholarships for men and women. Football eats up 85 scholarships and with no female equivalent sport, that means cuts elsewhere. Baseball needs at least 25 scholarships IMHO

Part of it is Title 9 so they can allocate equal # of scholarships for men and women. Football eats up 85 scholarships and with no female equivalent sport, that means cuts elsewhere. Baseball needs at least 25 scholarships IMHO
I agree and I seen somewhere Vanderbilt gets more perks in baseball dealing with scholarship I think or I may be wrong might have dreamed it

With as much money that these universities bring in, they should be able to fill a roster of 25 scholarships for baseball and softball. I could be wrong but I think the scholarships tie into something with Title IX and making scholarships match for women vs men. I feel like I remember seeing that somewhere but I could be wayyy off on that.

I agree and I seen somewhere Vanderbilt gets more perks in baseball dealing with scholarship I think or I may be wrong might have dreamed it

Yes, Vanderbilt has a flexible tuition plan in which they calculate the tuition based on what you can afford for all students. Since they do it for everybody, they are also able to do it for baseball players. It’s a loophole that benefits them.

Yes, Vanderbilt has a flexible tuition plan in which they calculate the tuition based on what you can afford for all students. Since they do it for everybody, they are also able to do it for baseball players. It’s a loophole that benefits them.
Good I didn't dream it sometimes I can't remember stuff I grew up in 70s and 80's those decades are still a little fuzzy

NIL money is peanuts with a few exceptions in baseball. 99% of baseball players leave with thousands in debt. 11.7 doesn’t go very far.
Amen. Most are paying to play. We figured the other day and mine will owe about $65,000 to play. Not complaining. But everyone thinks all of these players are making big money. Not real. The ones transferring in are getting paid but very rare for a current athlete to get paid NIL money from the group. These guys only get what they go negotiate and earn. Someone told me the other day your son is making a killing off NIL. I laughed. My son loves it because it is his personality and loves people. Clemson does nil right. You get money when you graduate or leave. If you transfer out, you lose money. According to what I’m told.

VN Store

Back