The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping the Vols make good history instead of bad:

“Twelve teams in Men's College World Series history have gone on to win the national championship after dropping their first game in Omaha. The most recent example came in 2018, when Oregon State won six straight games to claim the title.

The group of 12 to escape the losers' bracket after Game 1 account for less than 17 percent of national champions.

In 2019, two first-round losers, Louisville and Texas Tech, advanced to the national semifinals before bowing out.

Here's the full list of national champions that lost their first game at the Men's College World Series.”

2018Oregon StateL, North Carolina 8-6
2010South CarolinaL, Oklahoma 4-3
2006Oregon StateL, Miami (FL) 11-1
1998Southern CaliforniaL, LSU 12-10
1980ArizonaL, St. John's 6-1
1979Cal State FullertonL, Mississippi State 6-1
1976ArizonaL, Arizona State 7-6
1970Southern CaliforniaL, Ohio 4-1
1969Arizona StateL, Texas 4-0
1963Southern CaliforniaL, Texas 8-3
1958Southern CaliforniaL, Holy Cross 3-0
1950TexasL, Rutgers, 4-2
We already had the no.1 seed streak golfing against us.

Reactions: volsagain
Weirdly enough, as disappointed as I am, I have a sense of calm. I don’t know how to describe it. It’s not a sense of not believing we couldn’t do it. Maybe the words will come to me at some point. Disappointed, let down, but it is what it is.
I think it’s just you know you we will be going home soon. Eliminated early as usual. It is what it is. Just like in football, hopefully next year is our year.

Back to the Celtics game. This relentless negativity sucks at your very soul
I e already tired that but it hurts. We thought this was the year and again we get kicked in the teeth. Our coach, set the tone by going and pulling his starting pitcher after 8 pitches. Who friggin does that!!!! I just can’t believe the scared coach in me would do that to my team. It was 0-0 at that point. Can’t get over that. Just a bad bad beginning to a sucky game. Guess we should just say we are just happy to be here. Again again and again.

Beam better come to play and not pitch like he has the past few outings, or else Omaha is another empty trip

Last edited:
Reactions: CDB
Yep. But winning Game 1 for once sure would be nice. Not even asking to win the whole thing/ would just like to see us hit immediately dig a massive hole.
Yep because it hurts your chances of winning it all or even advancing to finals…shouldn’t hurt us winning a few going forward and making a final four etc,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back